So I'm almost done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pekka
    Anyway, there's still no replies as to what I can do with the story when it's finished. I have it all in my head, I see every detail too now that I've worked with it, I think it's cool and I'm sure many would enjoy it but I just want to be able to translate it so everyone else can see it too.
    You could put it up on the Web somewhere with one of the Creative Commons licenses. Pick one that suits you the best.

One of the biggest problems is that I'm not .. a writer, that means I have no sense of structures, I have no sense of different levels, meaning what I write doesn't translate to what I mean to bring out.
    No sweat, you just need to read more and write more.

Also, a huge problem is that when I try to write dialogues, they all sound me. You know, they all use the same kind of talking and words, I can imagine them saying that stuff for example with different accents, but that doesn't really make the difference needed. That means, my characters are all me. I need them to be .. different characters.
    Okay. Flesh out their personalities a bit. The more fully formed the characters, the better. This at least apply to the major characters. People who appear in just a scene or two, you can just wing.
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
    X