Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let the terrible end of the world type times roll again.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let the terrible end of the world type times roll again.....

Mark my words, this crisis in the middle east which in spreading like wildfire will be the ignition for the clash of civilizations/cultures that will change the shape of the world in only a few years from now. Now I'm no prophet or wishing doom on anyone in spite of my often agitated rantings, but the causualties will be tremendous from this, we will see chaos that dwarfs World War II, mark my words.

The poor Danes will wish to forget this part of history, never before has Denmark been the source of the world's powder keg exploding until now.... They are not a violent people (at least past the middle ages, weren't they some part of the Holy Roman Empire (losely) technically, I forget, but i digress)

I can see the big picture, the units on the chess board converging.... and it will probably blow your mind, you may find yourself thinking that reality has suddenly turned into some bad B- Sci-fi Apocolyptic film, but I assure this is our reality NOW.

The religious fanatics in their zest for blood and rightousness, will probably lose what they value most, the holy land (especially with the rate Iran is heading towards). And with that I pray may the days of bigoted religious dogma be over in the world.

I don't want this thread closed, deleted etc.... comment on it as you wish.... and possibly archive it... cause I want proof, here that I was the one that said I told you so!

My advice, avoid dwelling in any big cities (unfortunately my brother and his family have chosen to ignore my advice for the time being), and no vacations in the middle east. And if you live in Isreal, get the hell out before it is too late.

EOM.

Mark my words

-Thorn
    Yes
    25.00%
    No, you're full of it (please post here with why)
    40.00%
    Maybe (but I hope not) (also insert fear of looking like a moran for choosing the above two options)
    15.00%
    Banana will destroy civilization
    20.00%
    "Our words are backed with NUCLEAR WEAPONS!"​​

My advice, avoid dwelling in any big cities (unfortunately my brother and his family have chosen to ignore my advice for the time being), and no vacations in the middle east. And if you live in Isreal, get the hell out before it is too late.
    Done. Thanks
    meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

wishful thinking perhaps. But unfortunately, we are all here to stay.

Comment

Well I live in London, but I'm only in Travelcard Zone 4, so I should be alright
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

my city is densely packed. We should be a nice target. We actually have a population density close to that of chicago (or so i've read- I haven't actually verified this). We do not have the urban sprawl of other cities.

A nuke could do a lot of damage. It's not likely I could survive a nuclear blast. I don't live downtown, but I don't live that far. As I said, my city isn't that big in area, but does have about 1.5 million people in such a small valley...

thankfully no one has any nukes.

Comment

Depends on where they detonate it. I wouldn't fancy my chances if it went off in The City, and certainly not if Docklands...that's only a few miles away...
            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

nuke blasts aren't terribly large from what I understand, but firestorms can be a problem. And direct radiation and radiation from fallout can be real killers.

I could probably survive a downtown (or strip) nuke detonation (except a huge russian one- but the russians would never nuke us ). And I know some routes out of town that I could do in my 4 X 4 on the east side of town (where I live). But could I get out before the radiation kills me?

In any case, I prefer not to think about it too much. Right now I'm concentrating my attention on *****.

Comment

Again, it would depend on the size of the device...if it was a Hiroshima-size nuke wouldn't have too much effect over here - a hydrogen bomb would be a bit more worrying...
                Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Re: Let the terrible end of the world type times roll again.....

Originally posted by Thorn
                  Mark my words, this crisis in the middle east which in spreading like wildfire will be the ignition for the clash of civilizations/cultures that will change the shape of the world in only a few years from now. Now I'm no prophet or wishing doom on anyone in spite of my often agitated rantings, but the causualties will be tremendous from this, we will see chaos that dwarfs World War II, mark my words.

The poor Danes will wish to forget this part of history, never before has Denmark been the source of the world's powder keg exploding until now.... They are not a violent people (at least past the middle ages, weren't they some part of the Holy Roman Empire (losely) technically, I forget, but i digress)

I can see the big picture, the units on the chess board converging.... and it will probably blow your mind, you may find yourself thinking that reality has suddenly turned into some bad B- Sci-fi Apocolyptic film, but I assure this is our reality NOW.

The religious fanatics in their zest for blood and rightousness, will probably lose what they value most, the holy land (especially with the rate Iran is heading towards). And with that I pray may the days of bigoted religious dogma be over in the world.

I don't want this thread closed, deleted etc.... comment on it as you wish.... and possibly archive it... cause I want proof, here that I was the one that said I told you so!

EOM.

Mark my words

-Thorn

I'm more worried about the Neo-Cons than the muslim fundies, and apprently, one of Reagan's cronies is too:

Comment

Re: Let the terrible end of the world type times roll again.....

Originally posted by Thorn
                    Mark my words, this crisis in the middle east which in spreading like wildfire will be the ignition for the clash of civilizations/cultures that will change the shape of the world in only a few years from now.
                    No, you are mad.
                    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I'm mad too.

Banana seeks to enlighten civilization, not destroy it!
                      Here's the proof!

Comment

Re: Re: Let the terrible end of the world type times roll again.....

Originally posted by Odin

I'm more worried about the Neo-Cons than the muslim fundies, and apprently, one of Reagan's cronies is too:

http://www.counterpunch.org/roberts02062006.html

One of the best articles I ever read. Bookmarked.

Sidejack:

For all you that can't understand why I love Reagan but despise Bush (DRAKE), enlighten your ignorant misunderstanding. They are not in the same league or even in the same universe.

As the article points out, blue collar Democrats got Reagan elected.
                        We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

On the topic at hand, Thorn writes some crazy **** sometimes, but on this one, he points out a serious danger.

We've only been lucky so far that all hell hasn't broken loose.

Damn this man George Bush for stirring up a hornets nest.

But, hey, I lived a spoiled life where my only care in the world is fighting traffic. Maybe I should just shutup and follow the party line like a good Jungvolk.

LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL!
                          Last edited by Ted Striker; February 7, 2006, 05:54.
                          We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Attached Files
                            "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
                            "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

Listen I don't even read the newspapers anymore it's just depresing.

But hey who would have told you 50 years ago that a Cartoon would destroy Europe. When I first saw it it gave ma a laugh ( I don't like Danish people , for philosophical reasons I one day decided that I needed the antithesis an iracional belife on wich to build my identity and who is beter than the Danes ), then I saw what happened to the Danish embasy and how the newspapers where not backing down that scared me. This may seem odd but I hope we win ( Chirach already said he was willing to nuke any terrorist-sponsoring countries ), but Izrael is going to get turned to glass.Man this IS a crappy world we live in where's the kumbaja suff of the 60's, hippies are lazy and refuse to work in my cities but they stop wars...not.
                              I'm not buying BtS until Firaxis impliments the "contiguous cultural border negates colony tax" concept.

Comment

Working...
                              X