Sucks to be google

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sucks to be google

Breaking business news covering marketing, I.T., ecommerce & emerging trends like electric vehicles, solar energy, financial tech & space.

China is blocking google.cn.

You can't please those bastards. Censor your site, still get blocked. UR, you have a lot to answer for
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

After changing a single letter in the keyphrase and trying it again, the results were very different, and certainly ones that would have the information officers spraying green tea out of their noses.
      "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
      "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
      2004 Presidential Candidate
      2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Google should just say, "**** it, we tried. We're going to keep it the way it is. China, when you're ready to join the rest of the world, we'll be here."
        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi
          Google should just say, "**** it, we tried. We're going to keep it the way it is. China, when you're ready to join the rest of the world, we'll be here."
          Reminds me of what they said to the FBI.
          "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
          "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
          2004 Presidential Candidate
          2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

"You are one of the cheerleaders for this wasting of time and the wasting of lives. Do you feel any remorse for having contributed to this "culture of death?" Of course not. Hey, let's all play MORE games, and ignore all the really productive things to do with our lives.
            Let's pretend to be shocked that a gamer might descend into deeper depression, as his gamer "buds," knowing he was killing himself, couldn't figure out how to call 911 themselves for him. That would have involved leaving their computers I guess."

- Jack Thompson

Comment

u peeple be fahneee

u pay moor aht buffaay aht numbah ah one Chineses teartre

you go come back long time
              Attached Files
              Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Re: Sucks to be google

Originally posted by Whoha
                Breaking business news covering marketing, I.T., ecommerce & emerging trends like electric vehicles, solar energy, financial tech & space.

China is blocking google.cn.
                Your article picks up the blurb from Forbes, which described a traceroute operation with www.linkwan.com.

Whois lookup shows the domain as "reserved." However APNIC shows that the IP address of the domain 218.16.120.18 is in CHINANET-GD, and its nameservers ns2.sunhk.net and ns1.sunhk.net are in Hong Kong. This contradict's Forbe's assertion that www.linkwan.com is located in Shanghai.

Tests on a Shanghai-based trace-route server, located at http://www.linkwan.com/vr2/
                (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Beijing http://www.linkwan.com/vr/

Shanghai http://www.linkwan.com/vr2/

Hong Kong http://www.linkwan.com/vrhk/

“As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                  "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi
                    Beijing http://www.linkwan.com/vr/

Shanghai http://www.linkwan.com/vr2/

Hong Kong http://www.linkwan.com/vrhk/

(\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Just something to consider. BTW, where did you get that IP #?
                      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Thats the IP address of linkwan.com,probably from tracert. though ping,nslookup,hostinfo, and a host of other programs will resolve it.

Comment

Ah, cool.
                          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Now can we have the last few posts in English please?
                            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Yea.
                              Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
                              Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
                              Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

Working...
                              X