Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Zealanders in the News... oh the shame...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Zealanders in the News... oh the shame...

"James Bond" director Lee Tamahori arrested in prostitution sting
    Associated Press
    LOS ANGELES - "James Bond" director Lee Tamahori was ordered to appear in court Feb. 24 following his arrest last month for allegedly approaching an undercover police officer and offering to perform a sex act for money, authorities said Thursday.

Tamahori's directing credits include Pierce Brosnan's 2002 James Bond film "Die Another Day" and last year's "xXx: State of the Union," starring Ice Cube and Samuel L. Jackson.

City attorney spokesman Frank Mateljan said the director was dressed in a black wig and off-the-shoulder dress when he approached an undercover police officer in Hollywood on Jan. 8 and offered to perform sex for money. He was arrested for investigation of soliciting an act of prostitution and loitering with the intent to commit prostitution, both misdemeanors.

His attorney, Mark Geragos, did not immediately return a call for comment Thursday.

Mateljan said police were running a prostitution sting when Tamahori, 55, approached the officer, who was sitting in a car.

The director was originally scheduled for arraignment Thursday but it was postponed until Feb. 24 in Los Angeles Superior Court.

Tamahori is free on $2,000 bail. He could face up to six months in jail and a $1,000 fine if convicted.

When I heard: "New Zealand Director Caught as Transvestite Prostitute" I considered praying to God that it wasn't Peter Jackson...

This guy has made some great films, including Once Were Warriors.

All I can say about Tamahori is "WTF?" It's not like he needs the money or anything...
    Only feebs vote.

He;s probably got a secret fetish like any true Freedom loving American does.
    Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
    Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

Given the origins of New Zealand and Australia, I'm rather surprised there are not more stories like this.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by bipolarbear
        He;s probably got a secret fetish like any true Freedom loving American does.
        Well... he's out Hugh Granted Hugh Grant with this one...
        Only feebs vote.

Comment

Yes, because Hugh Grant is as American as they get.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Ha... I just found out that he's got Scott Peterson's lawyer.

PMITA prison for him.

Although I doubt he'd mind that...
            Only feebs vote.

Comment

Working...
            X