Inevitable Computer Help Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inevitable Computer Help Thread

Now, considering the invaluable contributions I make to this site day in and day out... I have decided to use its resources to save my computer. Or something.

Turn laptop on. Log in. Get to deskptop. Wait a few seconds. Blue Screen. Automatic restart. Woops. That shouldn't happen. Try again. Same results. Yay.

Wtf.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Don't use Windows.

Comment

I'm much too lazy not to. And in the year and a half that I've had this computer, that's the first time I've gotten a blue screen.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Did you install anything recently?

Comment

Antivirus software. A couple weeks back. eTrust EZ Antivirus something or other.

Comment

What does the BSoD say?
            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Copy down what the blue screen says and either google it or search a help forum. Whatever your problem, someone else'll have had it.
              "You are one of the cheerleaders for this wasting of time and the wasting of lives. Do you feel any remorse for having contributed to this "culture of death?" Of course not. Hey, let's all play MORE games, and ignore all the really productive things to do with our lives.
              Let's pretend to be shocked that a gamer might descend into deeper depression, as his gamer "buds," knowing he was killing himself, couldn't figure out how to call 911 themselves for him. That would have involved leaving their computers I guess."

- Jack Thompson

Comment

Working...
              X