• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Che!

How's the job and life?

It's good to see you posting again.
    Monkey!!!

Job is good. I got a bonus and a raise. Life is good. I feel great! (Man juice, yay!)

Internet was down for a full month after the hurricane, and then up and down, and then down again. Our infrastructure isn't back to normal yet. My PC's memory has gone bad, and so for the last week or so, my computer's been restarting randomly and freezing. Pretty much a pain in the ass all around. Bought more memory for the PC (and hopefully Crack Civ IV will play better) and a DVD-R/RW.

I had gotten all 13 episodes of Firefly on the DVR, and it died. The DVR's Comcast uses are kinda cheap.

We're putting the wife's entire paycheck into a savings account. No more spending everything we make. I'm payin' down my debts, and maybe in a year or two we can buy a house. The bubble here in South Florida has popped. I'm even thinking of buying stocks (since that should be better than 3.8% interest in my savings account). I'd like to buy foreign currency, since the dollar keeps dropping, but I didn't get any serious advice in my thread about that.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

How's bein' a Daddy treatin' yeah? Stickin with the Atkins? I haven't lost any weight, but at least I've stopped gaining.
      Last edited by chequita guevara; February 2, 2006, 21:17.
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

foreign currency? sounds like a hedge fund, I don't know anything about that, but Morningstar forums are pretty good and they might be able to help. Personally, I think there are better ways to invest in foreign economies than by investing in the currency. Foreign funds and exchanges get the same returns without the knowledge. Look in to that.

Good to hear about the job. A steady income is definitly needed. I like that bnnygrls paycheck is going into savings. Saving for what? Kids?

Being a dad is awesome. Josie is my life line. I have pics of her at work and when it is getting stressful or when I feel lonely I just look at her and smile... it is truly awesome. I can't say more.

Sucks about firefly. On a similar note I am awaiting Mercedes Lackey's final instalment of the Obsideon Trilogy... I can't wait. She is probably the first female author I have actually gotten some respect for.

On a completely different not. I exercised some Johnson and Johnson stock, since I just left working for them... I now work for a small company here in Cincinnati whose stock has been doing a lot better than that comapny... Serves them right for not keeping talent like us. Though they didn't lay me off, I didn't give them enough time.

best of luck man.
        Monkey!!!

Comment

Saving for: a house, a car, little adopted Chinese daughters; in that order. Oh, and leaving the country if it comes to it.

Comment

The Atkins is still good.. Pepsi One is helping

the Midwest is not
            Monkey!!!

Comment

All that good food.

Comment

not good

just breaded and deep fried
                Monkey!!!

Comment

Sounds like the South. I don't remember that much being deep fried and breaded in the MidWest, but maybe you Californians aren't used to it at all. Better not come south, then. They bread and deep fry butter.

Comment

It's a lot of chicken wings and chili

very strange
                    Monkey!!!

Comment

I love Cincinatti chili. We actually have some here. There's a handful of Skyline Chili places down here.

Comment

I actually like Skyline, their cheese is crap, but... I am swayed
                        Monkey!!!

Comment

Really? It's the cheese I crave. It's so finely shredded and soft and wonderful.

Now, if I want to snak on some chedder, it's not on my list (Cabot!), but it's perfect for the chili.

Comment

The strangest thing about Cinci is that when they say "chili" they mean "chili, cheese, and noodles"
                            Monkey!!!

Comment

But it's so, so good.

Comment

Working...
                              X