Canadian helicopter crashlands in Danish waters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian helicopter crashlands in Danish waters

A Canadian naval helicopter had to make an emergency landing in the Danish waters of Kattegat close to the island of Anholt, Danish media report. The landing took place Thursday at 8 PM local time. The crew of 5 have all been evacuated.

The Sikorsky S61 SeaKing helicopter, along with its mothership, a Canadian destroyer, took part in the NATO naval exercise Squadex 5.

The helicopter stays afloat, and Danish naval ships have been directed to the area to help salvage the expensive helicopter before it sinks. One of the Danish vessels is equipped with a 15 tons capacity crane.

---

Now,

1) Is this indicative of the capability of the Canadians to carry out their ambitions of patrolling the Arctic to enforce their sovereignty?

2) Will they finally acknowledge Danish ownership of Hans Ø, if we agree to save their precious helicopter from sinking?

Attached Files

Originally posted by Ronald Reagan
    Hans Ø is and always will be part of North America and thus property of Canada, which of course is property of the United States.
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Re: Canadian helicopter crashlands in Danish waters

Originally posted by Winston

The helicopter stays afloat, and Danish naval ships have been directed to the area to help salvage the expensive helicopter before it sinks.

Hmmm given the age and condition of most of the SeaKings I doubt it qualifies as "expensive"

-----------------------------

Oh and its all a ruse-- while half your navy is helping the "distressed" helicopter, we will be making our move on Hans island
      You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Re: Re: Canadian helicopter crashlands in Danish waters

Originally posted by Flubber

Hmmm given the age and condition of most of the SeaKings I doubt it qualifies as "expensive"
        Indeed.

I guess Denmark hasn't figured out that this is the way we're phasing out the Sea Kings to make way for our new naval helicopters...
        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Killing it is the new killing it
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

What?

Comment

Re: Re: Canadian helicopter crashlands in Danish waters

Originally posted by Flubber

-----------------------------

Oh and its all a ruse-- while half your navy is helping the "distressed" helicopter, we will be making our move on Hans island
            Actually, the older a chopper is the more expensive it becomes - it might even improve your GDP if we let it sink

Nah, it's just one of our green ships we are sending - don't wan't too much oil spilled.
            With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
              I guess Denmark hasn't figured out that this is the way we're phasing out the Sea Kings to make way for our new naval helicopters...
              ...which will probably crash and sink twice as fast, if you don't bring in some non-Canadian pilots to operate them.

Comment

That might bother me if it weren't widely known that Canadian pilots are among the best in NATO.
                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Certainly in a class of their own at pretending to be divers.

Comment

Still not going to bug me, son. They're flying 40+ year old choppers which are falling apart.
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

We fly the very same model, mid-1960's and worn down (soon to be replaced by Westland/Agusta EH-101 which have already been purchased), but you don't see our aces bringing their craft down like some bleeding sea bird flavoured albatross.

Comment

Why don't you two grow some balls, get some nukes, and play with the big boys? Stop dicking around fighting over some ice blocks.

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
                          Still not going to bug me, son. They're flying 40+ year old choppers which are falling apart.
                          Actually, I think that both the crews and the choppers deserves a hail. Our own rescue service uses the same and they had been workhorse for 40+ years and rescued hundreds of lifes.

They are at the moment being replaced by some EH101 that should improve both performance and ability to help.

to old workhorses and their crews.
                          With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

I'm willing to bet we have some nukes in Greenland..

A couple of more luncheons at the White House and then..

Comment

Chretien and the Liberals have blood on thier hands whenever a Sea King crashes.
                              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Working...
                              X