No sir, we don't want no blue-eyed emperor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No sir, we don't want no blue-eyed emperor

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Rally against Japan royals change

About 40 Japanese lawmakers have joined a rally in Tokyo to protest against government plans to allow women to ascend to the throne.

Former Trade Minister Takeo Hiranuma told supporters that the move could dilute the imperial line.

A bill to change the Imperial Household Law's succession rules is expected to be presented to parliament this year.

The imperial family is facing a crisis, having produced no boys since 1965, but some conservatives oppose any change.

The Imperial Household's main succession hopes lie with four-year-old Princess Aiko, the daughter of Crown Prince Naruhito and his wife Masako.

This, Mr Hiranuma argued, could be dangerous.

"If Aiko becomes the reigning empress, and gets involved with a blue-eyed foreigner while studying abroad and marries him, their child may be the emperor," he told the rally at a Tokyo hall.

"We should get united and prevent the Cabinet from submitting legislation to parliament," he said.

"We'll do our best to preserve the authentic tradition and culture and protect our nation."

Some 1,200 people attended the rally, according to organisers.

Another prominent critic of the plans, a cousin of Emperor Akihito, repeated his misgivings on Wednesday.

"It would be troublesome to make a decision by going down to the level of recognizing that 'Princess Aiko is adorable' or 'Princess Masako would be freed from the pressure to produce an heir,'" Prince Tomohito told Wednesday's Sankei Shimbun.

Analysts believe the pressure on Princess Masako to bear a male heir contributed to stress-related illnesses which stopped her fulfilling many official duties.

Prince Tomohito has previously suggested Emperor Akihito's eldest son Naruhito take concubines to ensure a male heir, or that families who lost their royal titles after World War II be reinstated.

Japan has had female monarchs before - between the 6th and 18th centuries - but all have reigned in emergency circumstances and none had children who then ascended the throne.
    It never occured to me there could be people out there who were prejudiced towards blue eyes.
    DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

And this would be worse than a male heir hooking up with a blue-eyed chick how? I mean, as far as I know, the inheritance of eye colour is gender-neutral ...
    Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
    The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Surely a man wouldn't be so stupid to hook up with a blue-eyed furrigner!
      DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Well there go my hopes of being Emperor of Japan...
        "You are one of the cheerleaders for this wasting of time and the wasting of lives. Do you feel any remorse for having contributed to this "culture of death?" Of course not. Hey, let's all play MORE games, and ignore all the really productive things to do with our lives.
        Let's pretend to be shocked that a gamer might descend into deeper depression, as his gamer "buds," knowing he was killing himself, couldn't figure out how to call 911 themselves for him. That would have involved leaving their computers I guess."

- Jack Thompson

Comment

With a 4y old child, Axxaer, tt-tt
          The books that the world calls immoral are the books that show the world its own shame. Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Originally posted by Colonâ„¢
            Surely a man wouldn't be so stupid to hook up with a blue-eyed furrigner!
            Pah! Every Japanese perv dreams of hooking up with a blue-eyed blonde with big boobs.

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
            The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

I thought this was about another blue-eyed emperor
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Apocalypse; February 1, 2006, 10:14.
              "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
              "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
              "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
              "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by Last Conformist

Pah! Every Japanese perv dreams of hooking up with a blue-eyed blonde with big boobs.
                What's perv about it?

Comment

Down with House Atreides!
                  I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion

What's perv about it?
                    I didn't say it was perverted, I said pervs do it. By way of analogy, all pervs breath, but not all people who breath are pervs.

Comment

Are they implying that japanese princesses are easy?
                      urgh.NSFW

Comment

When confronted with a massive Western penis they might be.
                        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                        Stadtluft Macht Frei
                        Killing it is the new killing it
                        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Man I wish girls were easy when confronted with massive penises.
                          urgh.NSFW

Comment

You've got to reveal it slowly. Otherwise they get frightened off.
                            12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                            Stadtluft Macht Frei
                            Killing it is the new killing it
                            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

They should just adopt a Korean or Chinese baby boy and get it over with.

Comment

Working...
                              X