US, EU3, Russia, China call for Iran to be reported to UNSC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US, EU3, Russia, China call for Iran to be reported to UNSC

US, UK, France, Germany, Russia, and China have agreed to call for the IAEA to report Iran to the UNSC in March.

Note they did not call for a referral, which would lead more directly to sanctions. However Iran has opposed even a report, and this makes the first time the issue will be presented to the Council.

Note they also did not want it done in Feb, when the IAEA report will not yet be available, but agreed to wait till March, when it will be. It promises to be very interesting, as IAEA has apparently found a document that Iran purchased on the black market that is a blueprint for turning enriched uranium into bombs.

Note that in September, Russia and China abstained on an IAEA resolution to declare Irans secret enrichment a violation. (India broke ranks with non-Western major powers and voted yes)
    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Weird, just today the newspaper wrote Iran had agreed uranium enrichment for economic use in Russia.

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthy
      Weird, just today the newspaper wrote Iran had agreed uranium enrichment for economic use in Russia.
      one day Iran agrees, the next they say they still want to do their own enrichment for "research". Fine, this gives them a month to iron out the details, if theyre so inclined.
      "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

One day Iran toys with us, the next day it is glass.

Comment

You Jerries got something you're not supposed to have?
          "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Interesting BBC article

Perhaps Iran is going to back down.

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthy
              One day Iran toys with us, the next day it is glass.
              Germany has nukes?

Comment

What? Are we the only ones who don't want them to have nukes and toy around with us? I am of course talking of our allies' arsenals!

Comment

Or you could simply invade France and use theirs.
                  One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Now now, how long is the range of French nuclear missiles? At least in the 70s this was an important detail.

Look it up and be enlightened by another piece of wisdom.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandman
                      Interesting BBC article

Perhaps Iran is going to back down.

Because of blogs???

Referal to the UNSC is what shjould happen- Iran did violate the NPT by conducting secret nuclear work.

The question is, what consequence will Iran meet, and more importantly, will the UNSC move to force Iran not to enrich its own uranium.

Serious sanctions are highly unlikely- and the UNSC would have no legal basis to deny Iran its rights under the NPT.

The question is, how much embarrassment (and little more) are Iran's leadres willing to take for this.
                      If you don't like reality, change it! me
                      "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                      "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                      "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Odin
                        Germany has nukes?
                        Germany doesn't need nukes. Just give them their Pickelhauben back, put them on the Security Council, and let them do their thing.
                        I'm about to get aroused from watching the pokemon and that's awesome. - Pekka

Comment

Am I the only one who is really amused that Iran must be "reported" to the UN? As if all that's been going on is unknown to the UN, and only once the US, EU, Russia & China tell the UN about it will it know...

What is this, 3rd grade? "I'm reporting you to the principle!!"

-Arrian
                          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by GePap

Because of blogs???
                            No, I'm just wondering how popular all this is in Iran. My previous view was that Iranians would automatically fall in line behind their government. Perhaps they're more sophisticated than that.

Comment

You must have missed that whole reformist upsurge a while back.
                              DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Working...
                              X