The Loonie soars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KrazyHorse

Duh. I was saying that in 2002. Now it's valued near correctly.
    Perhaps but if oil stays up and the US doesn't get its fiscal house in order, I could see the loony going even higher

Originally posted by KrazyHorse

"Oil will rise".

No ****, 2-3 years ago. But now it's got a lot of downside risk (more than upside, in my opinion)

You might want to start predicting things before they happen instead of simply drawing the latest tangent line and extrapolating...
    I agree-- I see more downside than upside but the reality is that we do not know. If Iran gets a little too crazed, we could see oil stay up for quite a while. On the flip side an unexpected Chinese downturn in growth could see oil drop a lot. There are just too many variable to be certain of anything
    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Which is why oil is a crazy commodity.

But not completely unpredictable. Just with a large amount of noisiness...
      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Flubber

Perhaps but if oil stays up and the US doesn't get its fiscal house in order, I could see the loony going even higher
        It could drive above parity. But that would be an unsustainable level without some sort of long-term shift in the balance. And yes, the US continuing to spend at the rate it has been would do it. But hopefully the housing slowdown and the drop in the USD will eventually impinge on the American consumer's attitude.
        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Killing it is the new killing it
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Odin
          The US$ has nowhere to go but down.
          Which is why I want a foreign savings account.
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara

Which is why I want a foreign savings account.

Just buy some loonies-- Even a small amount like 50 bucks can make a real good paperweight if appropriately contained
            You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Working...
            X