The Olympic Torch Relay Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Olympic Torch Relay Thread

What a pompous title for a propane torch being carried around.

But that's not the point! Tonight The Olympic Torch will arrive in my town!

Datajack will provide a full coverage of the, er, torch being carried and, er, going away. But there's going to be an awful lot of people (I think) so it must be important somehow.

Preview

Source

Rome

Florence

Sicily-Naxos Gardens

Sicily-Greek amphitheatre behind the Agora

Last edited by Datajack Franit; January 30, 2006, 07:13.
    I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

More pics

Er, mascara and a woman behind it

Try a low-carb diet

Pompeii ruins

Naples New Year's Eve

Ferrari HQ near Modena

I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Re: The Olympic Torch Relay Thread

Originally posted by Datajack Franit
      But that's not the point! Tonight The Olympic Torch will arrive in my town!
      FYI everyone: Olympic Winter Games Torch if you're wondering why there's another Olympics in 2006
      "You are one of the cheerleaders for this wasting of time and the wasting of lives. Do you feel any remorse for having contributed to this "culture of death?" Of course not. Hey, let's all play MORE games, and ignore all the really productive things to do with our lives.
      Let's pretend to be shocked that a gamer might descend into deeper depression, as his gamer "buds," knowing he was killing himself, couldn't figure out how to call 911 themselves for him. That would have involved leaving their computers I guess."

- Jack Thompson

Comment

No escape

Blizzard in Venice

Venice-Piazza San Marco

Trieste

Another one

Meran- german speaking region Süd Tyrol
        That's the spirit!

Milan- Piazza Duomo- Giorgio Armani with soccer star Andrey Shevchenko. Love is in the air!

Same place- Gymnastics Olympic gold medal Igor Cassina

Last edited by Datajack Franit; January 30, 2006, 06:56.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

FYI everyone: Olympic Winter Games Torch if you're wondering why there's another Olympics in 2006

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Nice pictures

I've always loved the Olympics, and all the ceremonial surrounding it. Almost makes me wish I still had a TV set.

Here's hoping everyone has fun, at that the local taxes won't rise by more than single digit percentages as a result.

Comment

I'll never understand how Leni Riefenstahl made something so boring look so interesting...
              "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
              "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
              "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

My God, those torches are getting more and more phallic all the time
                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                  My God, those torches are getting more and more phallic all the time
                  Geez, Rich, if your penis curves that badly you should see a doctor .
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

OMG OMG OMG THE EXCITEEEEMENT
                    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I am not touched by your comments. Next round of pictures- self made

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Nice car.
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)
                        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

I´m so disappointed. The Torch arrived with 1 hour and half of delay (it´s Italy after all) and because of that most of the city centre was cut off. Including the part where I was waiting after kicking away some old bats (I actually pushed a ***** on snow). I was able to make just a few decent pictures, damn mob

Damn you made in China flashlight

Alberto Tomba speaks out on the monitor to introduce the hosting city

Hooray for 8 megapixel camera with zoooooooom

The mob

back to the professionals´ pics

Manuela Zanchi, Olympic gold in Athens 2004 (women´s waterpolo) walks to the stage

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Working...
                          X