No announcement yet.

Year of the Dog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hangzhou's fireworks are like that as well and it's a much smaller city. Last year, some friends and I went on top of the cafeteria to view them and launch some. However, about an hour in it got so smokey that we couldn't see any fireworks other than the ones we set off ourselves. It was very fun, if eye watering.
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Hmm....reminded me of the New Year's celebration I spent once overlooking Kaneohe, Hawaii. The town dazzled with fireworks everywhere....until it disappeared under a pall of smoke.

Comment

Reminds me of Pearl Harbour.
        "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
        "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
        2004 Presidential Candidate
        2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Originally posted by Vince278
          Reminds me of Pearl Harbour.
          Dude!

(\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Tingkai
            The group I was with only had 8,000 firecrackers and two small boxes of fireworks, small change compared to the arsenals some people had there.
            Sounds like great fun.

We can't do it here. The closest place where firecrackers and fireworks are allowed is Macau. Even Beijing has started permitting it this year.
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
              Dude!

My apologies if that appeared insensitive.
              "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
              "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)

Comment

UR, defending cultural sensitivity?
                “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

I'm sure he is a decent person somewhere deep down inside.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                    AS beat me to it

Happy Chinese New Year

dog paper cut
                    Not to thread jack, but I love that pic/cutout. We have this giant one from Korea of a dragon in a garden.
                    Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
                    Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

Originally posted by Vince278
                      I'm sure he is a decent person somewhere deep down inside.
                      Source?
                      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by bipolarbear
                        Not to thread jack, but I love that pic/cutout. We have this giant one from Korea of a dragon in a garden.
                        That's a paper cut, a tranditional folk handicraft.

I love them too

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler

Dammit, Red China is taking over everywhere.

Well, I'm off to battle the Red Baron in honor of Snoopy.
                          I appreciate it.
                          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
                          X