No announcement yet.

Year of the Dog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wake me when it's the year of the ox. That is my year. Maybe it will be a good year.

Comment

Alright! I'm a dog.
      DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Ah, pinyin.

Wo shi deguo ren, ke shi wo ye you zhongwen mingci, shi Wei Ande. Wo zai Bolin zhu, zai Bocidan xuexi.

Qu nian wo qu Zhongguo. Wo qu Beijing, Yichang, Sanxia, Luotian, Wuhan, Shanghai.

Zhongguo you hen haokan de nu'er.

Comment

Zhongguo you nu'er you de hen haokan. Does this work too?

Comment

errr... nu'er means "daughter"...is that what you're going for? or "nu haiR" or "gu niang"?
            Who wants DVDs? Good prices! I swear!

Comment

guniang, alright. those chinese teenage boys told me it's the same thing anyway.

na yi ge guniang feichang piaoliang

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthy
                na yi ge guniang feichang piaoliang
                Aren't they a bit young for you?
                "You are one of the cheerleaders for this wasting of time and the wasting of lives. Do you feel any remorse for having contributed to this "culture of death?" Of course not. Hey, let's all play MORE games, and ignore all the really productive things to do with our lives.
                Let's pretend to be shocked that a gamer might descend into deeper depression, as his gamer "buds," knowing he was killing himself, couldn't figure out how to call 911 themselves for him. That would have involved leaving their computers I guess."

- Jack Thompson

Comment

AS grabs shot gun ....

Ming nian women qu Zhongguo: Beijing, Changzhou, Shanghai(?), Guilin (??), Xian, Hong Kong.

edit: Ni hao Mindseye.
                  Last edited by Adam Smith; January 31, 2006, 23:43.
                  Old posters never die.
                  They j.u.s.t..f..a..d..e...a...w...a...y....

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Smith
                    AS grabs shot gun ....

Ming nian women qu Zhongguo: Beijing, Changzhou, Shanghai(?), Guilin (??), Xian, Hong Kong.
                    Aiya! Zuonian wo qu le Beijing, Shanghai, Shandong, Jinan, dengdeng...

Is that 'le' in the right spot? I'm terrible with tenses...
                    "You are one of the cheerleaders for this wasting of time and the wasting of lives. Do you feel any remorse for having contributed to this "culture of death?" Of course not. Hey, let's all play MORE games, and ignore all the really productive things to do with our lives.
                    Let's pretend to be shocked that a gamer might descend into deeper depression, as his gamer "buds," knowing he was killing himself, couldn't figure out how to call 911 themselves for him. That would have involved leaving their computers I guess."

- Jack Thompson

Comment

I'm not talking about those zhaopiang de guniang, but about those that I saw in zhongguo.

Comment

But doesn't "na yi ge guniang" mean "that (one) girl" ?

- Jack Thompson

Comment

Yeah, I was talking that one that I met. Meant to attach a pic but couldn't find it

Comment

How did the discussion go from Year of the Dog to Chinese ladies?
                            "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                            "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                            2004 Presidential Candidate
                            2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Seems pretty logical to me

- Jack Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                                We had fireworks yesterday evening
                                Kung Hei Fat Choi.

I was up in Shanghai for Chinese New Years. Totally crazy. Everyone has firecrackers and fireworks. People were setting up boxes of fireworks in the middle of roads and setting them off.

The group I was with only had 8,000 firecrackers and two small boxes of fireworks, small change compared to the arsenals some people had there.

Everywhere you looked in the sky, there were fireworks exploding on a steady basis for two hours. And it continued all through the night, and again at noon.

Never seen anything like it before.

Oh, and found a bar that was serving free Carlsberg.
                                Golfing since 67

Comment

Working...
                                X