Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Year of the Dog

Gonxi facai
    Hope you enjoy the holiday wherever you are.

The local authorities frown on fireworks, but we will have a major take-out feast tonight, and red envelopes for the kids.
    Old posters never die.
    They j.u.s.t..f..a..d..e...a...w...a...y....

I had no idea Adam Smith was Chinese! Learn something new every day.

Happy New Year.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Is eating dog forbidden during the Year of the Dog?
      "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
      "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
      2004 Presidential Candidate
      2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

No it's encouraged actually
        "You are one of the cheerleaders for this wasting of time and the wasting of lives. Do you feel any remorse for having contributed to this "culture of death?" Of course not. Hey, let's all play MORE games, and ignore all the really productive things to do with our lives.
        Let's pretend to be shocked that a gamer might descend into deeper depression, as his gamer "buds," knowing he was killing himself, couldn't figure out how to call 911 themselves for him. That would have involved leaving their computers I guess."

- Jack Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
          I had no idea Adam Smith was Chinese! Learn something new every day.
          Yeah, that's why his location is "Maryland, USA"
          "You are one of the cheerleaders for this wasting of time and the wasting of lives. Do you feel any remorse for having contributed to this "culture of death?" Of course not. Hey, let's all play MORE games, and ignore all the really productive things to do with our lives.
          Let's pretend to be shocked that a gamer might descend into deeper depression, as his gamer "buds," knowing he was killing himself, couldn't figure out how to call 911 themselves for him. That would have involved leaving their computers I guess."

- Jack Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Axxaer
            I know a Chinese family in Waldorf, Maryland.
            "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
            "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
            2004 Presidential Candidate
            2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

AS beat me to it

Happy Chinese New Year

dog paper cut
              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Axxaer
                Dammit, Red China is taking over everywhere.

Well, I'm off to battle the Red Baron in honor of Snoopy.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                  I had no idea Adam Smith was Chinese!
                  Wo shi Meiguo ren.
                  Attached Files
                  Old posters never die.

Comment

Womende nu er shi Zhongguo ren.
                    Attached Files
                    Old posters never die.

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
                      Dammit, Red China is taking over everywhere.
                      Our family is fully hedged.
                      Old posters never die.

Comment

I've eaten Chinese (food) two days in a row now. But I'd be happy to do it again tonight

Chinese Communists!!
                        Chinese Egg Rolls
                        meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Smith
                          Wo shi Meiguo ren.
                          Originally posted by Adam Smith
                          Womende nu er shi Zhongguo ren.
                          So if you're American and your (female) kids are Chinese, I take it you adopted?

Wo ye bu shi Zhongguo ren, wo shi Aodaliya ren. Wo mei you ertong yinwei wo shi(+) qi sui.

- Jack Thompson

Comment

Does anyone know how the Chinese came up with their 12-year zodiac?

IIRC, twelve animals got together at the beginning of Creation and did something. What, I don' t remember. And each of the twelve animals represents a different virtue. But other than that, I'm pretty clueless. [Insert juvenile insult here]

Comment

IIRC it was a race and they are in the order they finished in. Each animal has various virtues and I think one rode on the back of another or something.

- Jack Thompson

Comment

Working...
                              X