Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just saw a news report on CNN . . . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just saw a news report on CNN . . . . .

people in Iraq are stressed out!

Who'd thunk it?
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Cease and desist.

YOU GOT THAT!

Comment

Originally posted by Verto
      Cease and desist.

YOU GOT THAT!

But I don't care what you want.

Comment

Who else is surprised that people in Iraq are stressed out?

Comment

I am. They don't have it near as tough as americans. With cheap labor overseas we are forced to work harder and harder because of increased productivity demands from our employers. With knowledge that one day there will be no more jobs left in america.

Comment

And the Iraqis worry about mere life and death. Wusses.
            Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
            The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Originally posted by Last Conformist
              And the Iraqis worry about mere life and death. Wusses.

Arms and legs aren't that important -- you can live without one or two of those limbs.

Comment

I'd take death over being unemployed.

Comment

I'd take death over being employed.
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                    I'd take death over being employed.

Sava, you're my hero!
                    I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I just saw a news report on CNN
                        Yep, its a rare experience to see any news on CNN anymore, good catch.
                        Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                        Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                        "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                        From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Iraqi's are wimps... hypochondriacs in fact.

In Iraq, life expectancy is 67. Minutes from Glasgow city centre, it's 54

In deprived inner city area of Calton, the chance of surviving to old age is lowest in UK

Audrey Gillan
                          Saturday January 21, 2006
                          The Guardian

There are ghosts sitting in the Cottage bar in Glasgow's Calton area. The locals call them the missing generation, the men who died before their time. Sometimes the drinkers dip their heads or lift their pints to them. They may not see them but all the drinkers know they are there. Jimmy, Swifty, Davy and many more.
                          For here in this multi-deprived inner city area, the average life expectancy of a male is just 53.9 years. In Iraq, after 10 years of sanctions, a war and a continuing conflict, suicide bombs and insurgency, the average man has a good chance of making it into his 60s; the life expectancy of a male there is 67.49. In Iran it is 69.96, in North Korea, 71.37 and in the Gaza Strip it is 70.5.

Now that's cause for stress.
                          STDs are like pokemon... you gotta catch them ALL!!!

Comment

I hate to rain on someone's parade, but stress doesn't really kill people, it's the bad life style that often goes along with stress that kills people. Drinking, smoking, diets high in saturated fats contribute heavily to the excess mortality among menfolk in places like Carlton.
                            "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

He didn't say it was because of stress, he said it was a cause of stress.

Imagine yourself how stressing it would be to know that drunks in other places had 20+ years to drink than you did! You'd have to drink very hard indeed to have a chance to to beat them.
                              Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                              The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Working...
                              X