No announcement yet.

Transtopia????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do agree with the Transhumanists' general idea: better living through radical technological self improvement. However I don't like the bunch of people they are - plenty of sociopaths, and inferiority-complex mother****ers.
    urgh.NSFW

Comment

They quoted the Matrix

And Hitler and Stalin. Nice touch.
      urgh.NSFW

Comment

Black-cat:

Comment

I made it all the way through their test, and guys, I think I found the key. If you're a racist selfish *******, you are "Enlightened!"
          meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Originally posted by mrmitchell
            I made it all the way through their test, and guys, I think I found the key. If you're a racist selfish *******, you are "Enlightened!"
            I think you've got that one right:

Excessive, runaway empathy is a handicap rather than an asset, and is by no means to be envied or admired.
            "You are one of the cheerleaders for this wasting of time and the wasting of lives. Do you feel any remorse for having contributed to this "culture of death?" Of course not. Hey, let's all play MORE games, and ignore all the really productive things to do with our lives.
            Let's pretend to be shocked that a gamer might descend into deeper depression, as his gamer "buds," knowing he was killing himself, couldn't figure out how to call 911 themselves for him. That would have involved leaving their computers I guess."

- Jack Thompson

Comment

That line is a lot more impressive in its boorishness if you include their quoting of Stalin's famous "million deaths" line approvingly beforehand. Though they do tastefully refer to him as a "well-known Soviet statesman" rather than by name. And they separately quote Hitler, using the same gloss, as noted by Az. Only Hitler's quote is used to explain how they aren't endorsing cowardice. Cowardice is "uncool" because Hitler said so. Don't you love it?
              1011 1100
              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

I liked how one of their pages had one of those "Now this is not blind racism!" disclaimers that racists always use before they show their ass.

"I'm not a racist BUT..."
                meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

I do agree with the Transhumanists' general idea: better living through radical technological self improvement.

QFT.
                  "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Soviet+Oldskool Israeli values
                    urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Az
                      I do agree with the Transhumanists' general idea: better living through radical technological self improvement.
                      But as usual this would be a question of money.
                      Blah

Comment

technological progress combined with death threats to the immortals assures that this won't be an issue.
                        urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by mrmitchell
                          I liked how one of their pages had one of those "Now this is not blind racism!" disclaimers that racists always use before they show their ass.

"I'm not a racist BUT..."
                          That's a mighty big but....

I like the word "but". It means ignore everything before this word.
                          He's got the Midas touch.
                          But he touched it too much!
                          Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

I like the word "but". It means ignore everything before this word.

urgh.NSFW

Comment

These ****ers again?

They're just trying to feel good about their inability to get laid.
                              Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                              The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Originally posted by Az
                                technological progress combined with death threats to the immortals assures that this won't be an issue.
                                Seriously, it seems to me that high quality medical treatment becomes rather more expensive than cheaper like for example consumer electronics (and even there top class stuff isn't exactly cheap).
                                Blah

Comment

Working...
                                X