Some additions to 'great sentences' series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some additions to 'great sentences' series

Read from today's paper, that a woman hit a man to the head with an axe. A typical crime in here it seems, except this time it was a woman with the axe. Tried to kill him, but failed. Guess what she got? 4 years, for attempted .. slaughter what ever, and guess what the victim got? 4300 euros for pain and suffering and cosmetical damage. SHiiiitt... that won't even pay for a boob job, less alone that.. What does this mean? It means, assuming she's first timer, she will get out in 2 years, BY DEFAULT. Justice.

Oddly enough, another woman got sentenced to 9 years for killing a man with a large knife. Stabbed the man to the neck. Said he came on to her, harrassing.. and meant to stab him in the arm (wtf?), but 'hit the neck instead'. Unfortunately for her, the witnesses say there was no harrassing and that the killer was very aggressive prior to it, plus the victim was so drunk he couldn't really defend himself. Also some unknown man to everyone who was in the apartment for some reason started stomping the head of the victim AFTER he got stabbed to the neck, a reason he doesn't himself know. He got 2 years, for beating a man who was dying. THe woman also has to pay 5000 euros for the relatives. 5000 euros!!!

This is the norm, not the exception. THis is not 'get outraged' this is THE norm.

And just few days ago they arrested this famous criminal who was causing trouble in a train, started messing around. The cops got him, and he had a gun, read for usage, plus drugs on him. So what's weird? His criminal record includes 4 murders, and he's ~50. Not all of the murders were done the same time. He did a double murder first, got life for that, murdered someone inside the prison,so he got that, but already serving life, but then he got out, the murdered again, now out again, and soon after found in train, armed and with drugs.

I guess we are all in that same train with the murder artist. A train called The Darwin, riding on the bodies of victims, closing our eyes and forgetting the reality of the world. Peace be on to everyone, but if you have a murder on you, or anything like that... FORGET getting out EVER. That's my message. We are like is it 5 or 6 yaers? 6 is harsh, 5 is OK! Well most of us feel the same way as I do. But nothing gets done, ever.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

I mean.. you take the axe, and come down hard to someones head, and spend two summers in prison and the victim gets 4300 euros for it?

You do a double murder, get life, murder someone inside, well what can you do since you're a lifer already, except life doesn't mean life in prison in here, you get out, murder again, go back inside, AND STILL GET OUT AT SOME POINT?

YOu know that's fudged up!! And we ALL know, that even though he's a famous killer, now caught armed, and with drugs, he will be here when the summer comes, unless he kills again, because then he will be at least 60 before he gets out and can try his 6th.

When is the society going to say, that you had your chances? When are we going to say enough is enough, you screwed up, you took someones life over and over again, you will spend the rest of your remaining life in prison. Simply for the safety of the rest of us!

When are people going to realize that some people just won't get any better, that some people just are fudged up, and that's it, forget about it, throw them in a pit and forget them, and that's for the best of all of us?
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

You should've stayed with the Finnish Mark. My God man, where's your self respect?

Comment

What does this have to do with FIM?
        In da butt.

Comment

He would've gotten, like, 20 grand if you'd only retained an ounce of national self respect like the rest of us northerners.

Comment

True...

I keep wondering why this keeps being like this.. we overwhelmingly oppose these lame sentences when it comes to crimes of this caliber.
            In da butt.

Comment

I thought this thread would be about witty repartees
              In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

What, do you have me on ignore!?

Comment

hmm You guys need to elect a new "law and order" government that will impose higher mandatory minimums and tighter your early release rules.

Canada can be slack but the anecdotes you relate seem just CRAZY
                  You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

They are CRAZY, the one thing that is sick is that these are the norm, not some freak sentences. If I was to do this everytime it happened, I'd be here all day, every day. I should make threads about 'good sentences', those would be rare in tough crimes like these. It is insane. And we have enough killings and certainly enough attempted ones to make it an issue. A stabbing or two a day isn't a day at all, I mean a stabbing isn't even related to 'attempted murder', unless you like hit the throat. It usually goes to battery or assault with a weapon or something like that, if you stab random person in the stomach or something. Because more than not you survive from it. It's like the youth too, I mean they seem to think it's ok to throw some knives around. It freaks me out because I'm totally phobic about knife fighting. But some of these cats seem to think it's like boxing or something.

It's not wild west but.. I mean it's just not right. THe sentences are not right, and we're sending the wrong message. If I get really pissed off, I can go and stab someone, seriously, try to kill them, if they survive, which are the odds, I know I might not have to go to prison, but if bad luck, I might have to do few years, but I could study that time and get vacation time (yes, you get vacations from prison in here). So.. if I REALLY get pissed off, I never have to worry about actually having to PAY for the crime. You know, a thought 'I might have to go to prison for 20 years', well, that's impossible. No deterrent what so ever, we talk about DP not being a deterrent, but come on , we have 0 deterrents here. You get a cookie for it.
                    In da butt.

Comment

Working...
                    X