Xmail Gmail Online File Storage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xmail Gmail Online File Storage

Has anyone ever used the service called Xmail? It's supposed to allow you to upload files from your computer to a gmail account. What it does is compress your files into an Xmail format, login to your account, and uploads the files as an email attachment.

Does it work? Does it suck banana?

Does it even follow the TOS of Gmail?
    "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
    "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
    Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Bill3000
      Does it even follow the TOS of Gmail?
      Uhhh, the OS?

Comment

Terms of service. I explicitly remember the fact thgat I can't upload certain files to GMail, so I'm wondering if this technically follows it.
        "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
        "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
        Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Bill3000
          Terms of service. I explicitly remember the fact thgat I can't upload certain files to GMail, so I'm wondering if this technically follows it.
          I don't see anything in the TOS for Gmail about specific files, but you're right, they do censor certain files. ZIPs are banned, I think, because of viruses. I assume that the software developers have thought about this and the attachment size problem.

Comment

They ban zips containing exes.
            Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
            The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

You can rename them.
              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by alva
                You can rename them.
                That will only fool really stupid programs
                (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

It fools Gmail. I tried it.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                    The goal of banning .exes is to stop malware/spyware from being emailed by people who don't know any better. If they know enough to change the file extension then send it, they probably know what they're doing anyway.
                    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Does it stop other types of executables, such as scripts and screensavers?
                      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Yes.
                        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Never tried Xmail but Gmail Drive seems to work fine.
                          "You are one of the cheerleaders for this wasting of time and the wasting of lives. Do you feel any remorse for having contributed to this "culture of death?" Of course not. Hey, let's all play MORE games, and ignore all the really productive things to do with our lives.
                          Let's pretend to be shocked that a gamer might descend into deeper depression, as his gamer "buds," knowing he was killing himself, couldn't figure out how to call 911 themselves for him. That would have involved leaving their computers I guess."

- Jack Thompson

Comment

Working...
                          X