No announcement yet.

What are you getting your partner for valentines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That must've cost a pretty penny (unless it's really small)...

-Arrian
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Just over 1 carat. I had it custom made and bought the diamond at a minimal markup from wholesale, so I saved a ton over buying it from a place like Tiffany's or Cartier.
      "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
      "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
      "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

I bought my girlfriend two gifts yesterday: flowers and an RF cable for her to connect her Freeview box up to her TV. She appreciate the latter more, thankfully

Comment

give the best gift of all: a cookbook. and maybe some cleaning supplies as well.

Comment

Although we're a bit like Arrian when it comes to Valentine's Day. If we get each other anything, it's usually quite small, but I think we've ignored it more often than not.
            "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
            "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
            "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
              I would never buy diamonds due to the violent diomand business in africa. You have little kids getting their arms chopped off.
              Buy Canadian diamonds, then.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

My SO and I are not into jewelry, the money is best spent on a home theatre system, PC upgrades, or new game console.
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

that's the advantage of being gay. you can buy presents you can use as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Kontiki
                    Just over 1 carat. I had it custom made and bought the diamond at a minimal markup from wholesale, so I saved a ton over buying it from a place like Tiffany's or Cartier.
                    Even so, that must've been quite a purchase. At least you only need one.

-Arrian
                    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Just ordered from proflowers.com
                      A dozen long stem roses
                      chintz glass vase
                      small box of chocolates.
                      Right before the prices went up for Valentines day.
                      TOTAL/Shipping guarenteed on the 13th or 14th
                      49.95 A good bargain. In two days the price will be 69.96.

THey're being delivered to work for her.
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I've never really done the valentine thing in a big way, although I take it as a reminder to show the love. So I used to just bake a load of lemon and cinnamon biscuits, wrap them nicely in little parcels, tied with a pink bow. Then, I'd hand them out to all my friends... of course, my extra special friend would receive extra special cookies.

Sooo.... from another perspective.... what would people round here like to receive for Valentine's day?

Comment

We're men, we're only after one thing!

Comment

I got the LL a diamond necklace last week, marking six months from our first date. I'm frankly stumped as to where to go from here.

She's got some big thing planned around that time for my birthday (the 12th); I've got some brainstorming to do.
                            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Ahhh you men. There are only 4 days out of the year that you need to remember, you can screw the other 361 up anyway you like but you mess these up and your screwed! Christmas, Birthday, Anniversary and Valentines Day!!

And never ever give her the bull****e line of isn't it enough that we are together? NO! It's NOT! And yes flowers are a really good present along with a nice night out. Jewelry and diamonds are more for the big occasions like Christmas and Anniversary unless your planning on getting engaged on Valentines day then the ring is of course appropriate.
                              Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
                              Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
                              Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
                              You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
                                But most women appear to be hooked.
                                That means you need to work on de-programming them early
                                (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                                (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                                X