What are you getting your partner for valentines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oerdin
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned a pearl necklace.

I guess polytubbies really are geeks.
    pearl necklace or perl necklace?
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

The liquid type and not the programing language.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Re: Re: What are you getting your partner for valentines

Originally posted by Zkribbler
        And get her flowers. Always flowers. Girls love flowers. Girls are helpless when confronted with flowers. They're like Kryptonite for females...only they smell better.

99 Dutch long stem red roses. Do not settle for less Have that delivered to her at work. Plus a box of the finest Beligan or Swiss chocolate.

Don't buy diamonds. They are way overpriced due to a global cartel.
        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Delivered at work- great idea.

But a lot of flowers....

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
            I quote my wife, just now:

"You can assume, forever, that I don't care about Valentine's Day."

-Arrian
            Nice. However, ignore the day at your own peril (its how women think).
            "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
            "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
            2004 Presidential Candidate
            2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

She was quite clear, Vince. My wife has, thus far, displayed no tendancy to say one thing and want another. And I've known her for a long time.

-Arrian
              grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

hmm, I have never been in a relationship...

JM
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN
                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                  I'm surprised no one has mentioned a pearl necklace.

I guess polytubbies really are geeks.
                  I always think about giving pearl necklaces. that goes without saying.

Comment

I would never buy diamonds due to the violent diomand business in africa. You have little kids getting their arms chopped off.

That's what I would tell my girlfriend if I ever have one. I'm not sure how well that would go over. I'll buy her a fake diamond for an engagement ring. .

And if she complains, I'll just say she doesn't care about little boys getting their arms chopped off. . I have this all planned out you see. Now all I need is a fiance.

Comment

Less likely to happen with that type of thinking
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Even I sucked it up and bought a ring w/diamond (and flanking sapphires as well).

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

they just seem so boring and cliche. I'd be tempted to buy a different kind of stone.

What's so great about a diamond? They are white. It's not like they are a pretty color. I'd be more tempted to buy an emerald. They look better.

Comment

Yes, they are cliche. And rather boring. And the price is artificially inflated.

But most women appear to be hooked. The diamond industry managed to convince nearly everyone that an engagement ring = diamonds. Variety means including other precious stones. Brilliant of them, the bastards.

Not every woman wants the diamond... but I think it's safe to say that the vast majority do.

-Arrian

Comment

You poor guy Arrian.

I hope it was no where near the price of the engagement ring...

You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Yes, diamonds are artificially expensive, but they're beautiful in their simplicity. I got my wife a perfectly cut, high grade (good C's) solitaire in a platinum six claw setting. The thing is a freakin' work of art.
                                "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                                "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                                "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Working...
                                X