Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what date is valentines day?

Comment

I will give her a good evening, the present is me.
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Aren't we making one huge assumption here, atomant?
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Not when it comes to you /cheap shot

But this technically would be a club thread.
          Smile
          For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
          But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

hmmm..... there are some good ideas here... expecially Zkribbler's advice, although not so sure about flowers working on everyone...

/watches this thread with interest...

Comment

Zkribbler doesnt know jack.

Watch it. Your better half might think that...

a. Flowers have feelings, and shouldnt be killed.
              b. Flowers die. Diamond rings dont.
              c. Flowers are cheap. So is your love for her.

My theory is that whatever you get is wrong. She wont admit it, but she doesnt like it.

Therefore an expensive gift at least gives out a message that you'll do anything for her.

Damn I hate valentines....

ps. What f***ing date is it?!? 15th?

Comment

14th.

Don't just give her flowers, have them delivered to her at work. It's harder for to complain after everyone at works tells her how nice they look.

But flowers isn't enough, more must be added. A card, candy, and most importantly, a nice night out.

A diamond are for people that are insecure, feel the need to buy a person's affection, or just has way too much money lying around.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

****. Friggin' Valentines Day. Totally made up day that exists to pad the profits of Hallmark and various florists (who gouge without compunction).

I wonder, maybe our agreement from last year holds (that we'd ignore it).

-Arrian
                  grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

We ignore a lot of the hallmark holidays like Sweetest day, but i think you're asking for trouble ingoring valentine's day.
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I'm surprised no one has mentioned a pearl necklace.

I guess polytubbies really are geeks.
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by rah
                        We ignore a lot of the hallmark holidays like Sweetest day, but i think you're asking for trouble ingoring valentine's day.
                        It went over just fine last year. My wife, thankfully, generally agrees about the stupidity of the "holiday."

Maybe we can do something a week early or something and avoid the rush/gouging. Dinner at Mortons (across the street from our office), maybe.

-Arrian

edit: WTF is "Sweetest day" ???

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

When is the big day any way?
                          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I quote my wife, just now:

"You can assume, forever, that I don't care about Valentine's Day."

-Arrian

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                              When is the big day any way?
                              Valentine's Day? February 14th.

-Arrian

Comment

I'm getting a few bottles of tequila, plenty of snackfood and throwing

Bitterfest 2006

A celebration of bitterness, how men are all bastards and drinking games. My single friends and I shall gather about, try to forget how alone we all truly, truly are and possibly go blind! (I'm buying cheap tequila you see!).

Secretly I hope to snog (again) this guy who everyone thinks is a sarcastic twunt but who I quite fancy.

And I hope my ex sits alone in his room. Thinking about why he broke up with me. And cries a bit.
                                Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
                                -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Working...
                                X