Have you ever been sexually harrassed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kontiki
    Nothing that I would consider harassment, but I suppose by some definitions I may have been. I've also slept with one of my bosses - not sure how you'd categorize that.
    I'd categorize that as getting laid.

Comment

A girl in school poked me with a banana. I said somthing and she got ticked off. Smashed the whole thing on my shirt. I deserved it though and became wiser in my youth.

.... didn't last long.
      I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

, wasn't expecting an actual poked with banana story. congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
          , wasn't expecting an actual poked with banana story. congrats.

Thank you. I try.
          I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

Yes, I worked on a study for the US government on sexual harrasment in the Government work place.
            The group that commissioned the study was put together study the issue and fix it if there was a problem.
            Guess what, it was in there best interest to unearth harrassment so they defined it so broadly that a high percentage of women were difined as having been harrasssed. Being leered at once was considered harrassment. While I admit it's probably not desirable, this was pushing it. So whenever someone pushes stats like this, you have to know the definition
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

agreed, with Rah, what is the definition of sexual harrassment here. Is it the intent of the action or how the action is interpreted?
              "the bigger the smile, the sharper the knife"
              "Every now and again, declare peace. it confuses the hell out of your enemies."

Comment

Yes, I'm sure that there are people here who have claimed they have never harrassed anyone before, but based on the definition, they probably have.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I just fixed this mispelling on my resume today actually...never submitted it with that mispelling though.
                  "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                  "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                  "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                  "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

I think harassment has a bit of perception built in to it.

There are ways I behave to a certain coworker that I would never do to other coworkers... it's total end user based

which makes it part bull**** part sensitive ass part truth
                    Monkey!!!

Comment

I have been called gay a whole lot. Some just people picking on me, others actually thought/think I was/am gay. The gay picking on is probably what made me homophobic in highschool.

It was meeting gay people online that allowed me to see that I wasn't thinking about it properly. Also, when I stopped getting callled gay as part of being picked on (which included physical violence as well, I got a black eye once), that also helped I think. The main thing that helped was losing fear of gay people.

Most unreasonable dislike/hatred/anger is born out of fear (maybe most period).

I have also had girls pinch my butt and the like, but they were just teasing me. And the strippers were just trying to get money... and...

Jon Miller
                      Jon Miller-
                      I AM.CANADIAN
                      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

dude, that is so going down on the episode list
                        Monkey!!!

Comment

I had a lady boss swat my butt once but it wasn't sexual harassment, because she was just being a smart ass & I wasn't offended. (Spank me again, ooooh, spank me, spank me!)

Comment

the ladies at my work are always complaining about sexual harrasment...there's not enough of it
                            "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Originally posted by Gibsie
                              A remarkable portrait of Britain's increasingly liberal attitudes towards sex, relationships and fidelity is revealed today in a special poll commissioned by The Observer.

Though there seems to be a rather odd definition of consent there, as one of the options given for having sex without consenting is "to make him happy".
                              That hurts my head. Must be female logic.

Comment

I was sexually harrassed once in my life -- when I was a junior in high school, a football player -- a senior student -- slapped my ass in the hall and several other people happened to have seen the embarrassing incident.

I formally reported it and he got reprimanded and had to apologize to me.
                                A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Working...
                                X