No announcement yet.

Have you ever been sexually harrassed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you ever been sexually harrassed?

Although this poll included being called gay as sexual harrassment. I've been called gay many times. But I have never considered that sexual harrassment. Is being called gay really sexual harrassment? Doesn't seem like it.

Anyways, this article says 2/3 of all college students have been sexually harrassed. So that means 2/3 of Apolytoners must have been sexually harrassed, right?
    yes
    42.86%
    no
    28.57%
    not sure
    8.57%
    I've been poked at with bananas
    20.00%

I wouldn't call it sexual harrassment if she enjoyed it.

Of course, the trick is proving that she liked it in my upcoming court case.

Alas, that might be difficult, what with the roofie and all...

yeah, I went there. LAUGH, damn you! Laugh!

(The truthful and truthy answer is no on both counts.)
    B♭3

Comment

as a side question, please note if you feel you have ever sexually harrassed a woman. this is perhaps a more important question, since most of us are men here.

And no, I don't consider things I do in strip clubs to be sexual harrassment. They get paid well to be sexually harrassed. .

I don't think I have ever sexually harrassed a woman. But that's probably why I'm still single. . I'm generally afraid to make any suggestive remark towards women.

Comment

I suppose I have - a girl pinched me in the ass once. I refrained from punching her in the face because her bodybuilder boyfriend was inconveniently nearby.
        Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
        The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

why would you punch a girl for being pinched in the ass? . I enjoy stuff like that.

I was pinched in the ass at a biker bar once (by a woman if you must know). It wasn't a come on (I'm not that gullible), but more to get a reaction out of me. Stuff like that doesn't bother me. I was in the navy after all. You'd be surprised what guys did to each other in the navy.

Comment

I have...it's only harassment if the chick is ugly.

Comment

but what if you are ugly yourself?

Comment

sadly, I haven't been
                Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dis

but what if you are ugly yourself?
                  It's not my job to find solutions to other people's problems.

Comment

I had this boss that was a fat chick that got too friendly with me. If she weren't fat and obnoxious it would have been cool.

I haven't harassed any women, because they were all hot for me. I guess I could tell. I would never hit on a chick if I didn't get that feeling that she wanted to be hit on.
                    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
                      why would you punch a girl for being pinched in the ass? . I enjoy stuff like that.
                      I realize this might be news to you, but we're different people, who like different things.
                      Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                      The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Never mind harassment, a recent British poll showed that one in three of the women surveyed had had sex without her consent:

A remarkable portrait of Britain's increasingly liberal attitudes towards sex, relationships and fidelity is revealed today in a special poll commissioned by The Observer.

Though there seems to be a rather odd definition of consent there, as one of the options given for having sex without consenting is "to make him happy".

Comment

Re: Have you ever been sexually harrassed?

Originally posted by Dis

Although this poll included being called gay as sexual harrassment. I've been called gay many times. But I have never considered that sexual harrassment. Is being called gay really sexual harrassment? Doesn't seem like it.
                          Modern psychologists feel like they are moral hygienists. I remember a study that said "OMG 40% of people are harassed in the work place". Turned out that "people talking behind your back" was considered harassment.
                          In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Yes. And I loved every minute of it.
                            “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Nothing that I would consider harassment, but I suppose by some definitions I may have been. I've also slept with one of my bosses - not sure how you'd categorize that.
                              "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                              "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                              "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Working...
                              X