No announcement yet.

Selling out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not bad, you've managed to match me after 6 years in science. You still won't be free of money worries though, trust me

And there is your motivation not to go into science Az, to earn that amount of money I have to work shifts as well.

I'm not trying to be a scaremonger Az, the facts are there, I would advise anyone not to go into a career in science...
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Drogue, So? That sounds like a reasonable investment considering you can make that back pretty quick.

At the end, you end up winning way more.

Then again, the best combo is to get that free and then leave the sinking ship like a rat and get that better salary
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Dude... as a university teacher I would tell any employer to avoid anyone with less than an A- average like the plague.
        I didn't have an A- average. Though I did work with someone who had a 3.98 gpa, and they were a complete moron. Great at regurgitating stuff but a real losy engineer. Couldn't problem solve, trouble shoot, or remember anything if he hadn't read it within the past 24 hours. I think that gpa is a bad judge, but a good starting benchmark.

I'd also tell them to ask the prospective employees to write a 1 page paper on their expectations for the job. This is solely to test their English competence.
        This is a good requirement.
        Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
          Drogue, So? That sounds like a reasonable investment considering you can make that back pretty quick.
          Yeah... not that quick . Remember, life gets in the way. Though I have 10 years to pay off my private loans (about $60k) and 30 years to pay my public backed loans (about another $60k).
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I agree with Japher, I know a lot of incompetent people with high 'GPA', and lot of competent people with only average 'GPA'.

The fact is, even the courses vary, the same course held by someone else can be a lot easier than by someone who holds high standards. I mean so high that it's almost ridiculous. Or as low it's ridiculous.

I've had teachers who made it clear what questions will be asked and I've had teachers who came up with questions outside the area of study, to gain full points.

I've had teachers who won't let you pass even if you ask for a big project to compensate for something, if you missed the deadline on your official project, and I've had teachers who say it's ok since it was so good but only one day late.

And most of all, the grading is different in different places. We don't have the same system as you do for example. My friend has about the same level of english as I do, and this is a secret, but I let you in it, I've written couple of his essays (to US Uni) and helped him out. From subject I didn't know beforehand, pol.sci... and he got A's from both of them and finally got an A from the course. That's a joke right there. I never studied it, I just read something quickly and wrote it the same day and got an A. They were OK, but not THAT good. A means best possible. That, certainly not. Averagish? Yes. The best part is, his grammar shines next to many. So he's a straight A student. Would he be in my school? Hell no. No one is straight A student in here. What am I trying to say, that our schools are better? No no no.. I'm saying, that grading varies. If I see someone with equivalent to A-, everything, in here? He's God to me. In there? Not really.

So if you say that to an employer, I say nice going
            In da butt.
            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Imran, Well, relatively quick anyway, if you handle your business well enough.
              In da butt.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

Yeah... not that quick . Remember, life gets in the way. Though I have 10 years to pay off my private loans (about $60k) and 30 years to pay my public backed loans (about another $60k).
                ****, you won't have many toilets in your house
                In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

****, you won't have many toilets in your house
                  That's why he's waiting for the perfect girl, the one with a substantial dowry
                  Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

I'm sooo marrying Kuciwalker's closest unmarried relative
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Imran, haha that would be so funny I think I'd explode!!
                      In da butt.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                        "You will be censured, slighted, and despised, by every one connected with him. Your alliance will be a disgrace; your name will never even be mentioned by any of us."

"These are heavy misfortunes indeed."
                        In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Ah yes, how I long for a woman with a substantial dowry
                          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

That would be a good choice, but would your parents allow it? Would they allow you to marry a gaijin, someone who isn't brown, or worse: who isn't a muslim?
                            Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Ah yes, how I long for a woman with a substantial dowry
                              You whore

Comment

Working...
                              X