X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bet "Future Seer" would be high on that list
    Monkey!!!

Comment

It looks like one of the next steps for me is to get involved in process/validation stuff or management. As I posted in the other thread, I am just contemplating my next move, but I am going to wait until the 2 years is up before jumping...I suppose if some of my plans pay off, I won't be doing too bad, finally getting a decent reward from my degree!
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I love how different the UK is to US. In the UK, Chem Eng and the like is mid table at best.
        Smile
        For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
        But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

It is strange. When I was interviewing for jobs last year they revered to my degree as "coveted" (sp?)

Anyway... If you need help PH let me know. I am not to up on the European FDA dudes, though I have overseen some retrofits for facilities to sell to the EU. Regardless, it will be interesting to hear your stories.
          Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Drogue
            Alternatively, I'd take the med option. If it's what you wanted to do at first, plus it's a good paycheck and not selling out, I'd say it covers all the bases.
            As I said, he seems to have already decided.
            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

You probably should have put it ina bigger size and in bold then.

Or repeat it, whatever works.
              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
                It is strange. When I was interviewing for jobs last year they revered to my degree as "coveted" (sp?)
                Dude... as a university teacher I would tell any employer to avoid anyone with less than an A- average like the plague.

I'd also tell them to ask the prospective employees to write a 1 page paper on their expectations for the job. This is solely to test their English competence.
                Only feebs vote.

Comment

Average STARTING salaries? Wtf... I've looked into those before, but I didn't remember that CS paid that good, _average starting_ salary? Damn, that's like the pinnacle and top of the mountain when you're well established and far in your career in here.

Oh well.. it's not like I'm binded in here.
                  In da butt.
                  "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                  THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                  "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi
                    You probably should have put it ina bigger size and in bold then.

Or repeat it, whatever works.
                    You know what? You are really good at frothing at the mouth.
                    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Japher

Anyway... If you need help PH let me know. I am not to up on the European FDA dudes, though I have overseen some retrofits for facilities to sell to the EU. Regardless, it will be interesting to hear your stories.
                      The FDA are the only ones who matter because they are the tightest...the European regulatory agencies are a joke in comparison...
                      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Hiya guys, finally posting from home, the first time in ages.

Medical School sounds great but it's really not the whole story:

a) I'll have to start from pre-med, i.e. my Chem B.A. will give me academic credit points ( a lot of them, yes, but still ), nothing more.
                        b) I am not completely sure that my grades will be enough. more like 80% sure.
                        c) I wonder what will they ( the people in med school) think of me doing this in parallel with my military service.
                        d) Research is my main goal, I am not completely embracing the "treat actual people" part - and to get there there is an alternative path through a bio-chem M.Sc.
                        e) plus, the whole "starving scientists" shic I don't want to be rocking in a couple of years.
                        e)
                        urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                          Average STARTING salaries? Wtf... I've looked into those before, but I didn't remember that CS paid that good, _average starting_ salary? Damn, that's like the pinnacle and top of the mountain when you're well established and far in your career in here.

Oh well.. it's not like I'm binded in here.
                          You didn't pay $100k plus for your degree.

I can't wait 'til my first graduate pay packet. Will be such a nice feeling not having to worry about money
                          Smile

Comment

Do I need to connect the dots for you, Az?

Chemistry = lab skills = LSD = good pay
                            In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Originally posted by Drogue

You didn't pay $100k plus for your degree.

I can't wait 'til my first graduate pay packet. Will be such a nice feeling not having to worry about money
                              You think? You'll be worrying about money for the rest of your life mate
                              Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                                You think? You'll be worrying about money for the rest of your life mate
                                I've already been offered a £28k (plus bonus) starting salary. I don't need lots of things, I just need to be comfortable. Nicely comfortable
                                Smile

Comment

Working...
                                X