Monarchy or Republic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That doesn't matter.

One of you might mention how the Nazis came into power through some kind of majority - the Godwinization spell is ready

Comment

• Originally posted by Ecthy
      If there's a majority that wants to keep the monarchy, what is this debate all about?
      It's about putting that theory to the test in practice.

It's a win/win situation. If the royals are so popular, they will invariably win. However it'll also inject a welcome and highly overdue measure of accountability.

Someone try persuading me it's a bad idea. C0ckney?
      The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

One of you might mention how the Nazis came into power through some kind of majority...
        Don't mention the war!
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

• I think in England at least, theoretically the Queen still controls everything.

Now if she actually tried to control anything, their would be a rebellion, I think. But I think to actually say that she isn't queen, you would at least need some sort of government changing motion.

I don't think most people (in particular, those in power or near power) want to have such a drastic change. So it is kept just how it is.

Jon Miller
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Re: Let's blow out some more royalist propaganda, shall we?

Originally posted by Lazarus and the Gimp
            Anyone want to hear how the Duchy of Cornwall has ruthlessly exploited its tax-free status to translate in uncompetitive business tactics over the past 15 years? It's a doozy.
            Go on then.
            ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
            ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

If there's a majority that wants to keep the monarchy, what is this debate all about?
              for laz it's all about desperately clutching at straws.

a vote on the monarchy, yeah great, lets have one tomorrow, **** it, have two just to make sure, we all know what the result would be.
              "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Working...
              X