No announcement yet.

The Most Depressing Day of the Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I concur full-heartedly with your analogy Gramps!

Comment

and I thought this thread would be about the upcoming Valentine's day.

Comment

in any case, the 24th isn't till tomorrow. Tuesdays are always bad for me for reasons I can't discuss here. But it will probably be gloomy for me. wednesdays are great though.

Comment

Thanks Wittlich

Originally posted by mrmitchell
          Geeze, Winston, you're obviously having a good run at most depressing poster...
          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Yeah.

I ended up agreeing that yesterday was pretty depressing too, if you noticed.

But today, plumbers are in the building (unannounced!!) to work un some sanitation, which means nobody can use the bathroom (at all!!) for another 6½ hours..

Comment

The worst thing that happened to me today was that someone came to the door while I was having sex with my g.f., which set her dog to barking up a storm. She actually wanted me to see who was there! But I refused point blank and we resumed with only a small loss of momentum.
              He's got the Midas touch.
              But he touched it too much!
              Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Well, in her defense, it is rather exciting sometimes to see who's at the door.

Comment

Originally posted by Winston

Well, in her defense, it is rather exciting sometimes to see who's at the door.
                  It was an insurance inspector (he left a note), so I doubt it. Perhaps if we stayed conjoined and hopped to the door it would have been exciting. I certainly would have been a little afraid of navigating the stairs in that condition.

Comment

Originally posted by Sikander

It was an insurance inspector (he left a note)

Remember- it's the postman who always rings twice.
                    Attached Files
                    Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Originally posted by molly bloom

Remember- it's the postman who always rings twice.
                      It looks like he skipped the note.

Comment

I am sure today will be fine, the supervisor is only around for the first 3 hours of the shift
                        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

It looks like he skipped the note.

Wouldn't you for Jessica Lange ?

Looks like he's looking for moisture for the back of the stamp.

Perhaps, though, Lana Turner would've turned your head...
                          Attached Files

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Wouldn't you for Jessica Lange ?

Perhaps, though, Lana Turner would've turned your head...
                            I'd definitely prefer Lana Turner, Maureen O'Hara (Tarzan era si vous plais), Lauren Bacall, or Audrey Hepburn. Jessica Lange in real life would probably be fine, but in the elevated world of Hollywood beauty she stands out for not being as pretty as the typical star.

Looks like he's looking for moisture for the back of the stamp.
                            He could simply use that glue gun that most men come equipped with. Jessica could certainly help him open the tube.

Comment

He could simply use that glue gun that most men come equipped with.

Remember folks, don't try that in the queue in the post office !!!!!

Sponge Mitt... is perfect for hard-to-reach kitchen crevices. Also use it for messy jobs, like spreading wallpaper paste or paint.
                              Ho ho!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X