Canada, and Apolyton, Votes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canada, and Apolyton, Votes!

You have been entertained, or bored, by Canada's electoral process for the last two months.

Now's your chance to have a say!

No, not to decide the outcome, but only to elect a virtual MP for this rotten bourough also known as Apolyton-Wapaneesh. This riding gets a vote to break ties in the House of Commons if the Speaker of the House can't manage the task. Think of yourselves as the back-ups to the back-up.

Do you side with Harper and the Conservatives who say that it is time for a change, time to Stand Up for Canada!? Is that a socially conservative bill in your back pocket?

Do you prefer Martin's Liberals who prefer not to have tanks in the street, who campaign for everything that will get them the odd vote, but deliver on almost none of it?

Layton and the NDP have a plan. Lend them your vote, just this once, and they will remake the electoral landscape. Actually, they could if they outpoll the Liberals. Just once might be enough.

Harris and the Greens have an interesting approach. Fiscal responsibility wed with environmental awareness. These guys are polling 6% despite being suppressed by national media.

Then there is the Bloc Quebecois. Vote this option if you wish to secede from Canada, and gum up the works along the way.

The Marijuana Party explains itself. Sava thanks you for your vote.

The Christian Heritage Party wants to put God back on the ballot.

We actually have two flavours of communist on top of the NDP. There's the vanilla Communist Party of Canada, and then there are the Marxist-Leninists. They hate each other more than they want to overthrow the rest of us, so we like 'em just fine.

There you have your choices. Vote!

Don't be bothered by chit-chat about ridings like Louis St Laraunt, Edmonton Centre, etc, that'll just be background noise.
    DanS, Conservative Party of Canada
    25.40%
    Tingkai, Liberal Party of Canada
    4.76%
    Spiffor, New Democratic Party
    26.98%
    Odin, Green party of Canada
    9.52%
    Oncle Boris, Bloc Quebecois
    6.35%
    Sava, Marijuana Party
    9.52%
    Ben, Christian Heritage Party
    4.76%
    Che, Communist party of Canada
    1.59%
    Agathon, Marxist-Leninist Party of Canada
    1.59%
    None of the Above, they all suck!
    9.52%

The poll is expired.

(\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

What, I'm no candidate?
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

No real Canadians are candidates.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Tingkai is probably more Canadian than I am.

Ben also.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

I made an exception.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)

Comment

I would be an Independent candidate.

I would put Svend Robinson in as finance minister and Rob Anders as head of social programs.

Comment

Who else would have wanted to run for the Liberals?
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)

Comment

Ben was nominated on strength of belief overriding all other considerations.
                Last edited by notyoueither; January 23, 2006, 01:47.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                  I would be an Independent candidate.

I would put Svend Robinson in as finance minister and Rob Anders as head of social programs.
                  You have to be a leader of a party to appoint ministers.

This is just for one virtual seat.
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)

Comment

It would be a coup, nye.

Comment

It appears as if Spiffor is headed for Parliament!
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

It would be a coup, nye.
                        Coup forum!
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)

Comment

I would make "two turntables and a microphone" our national anthem.

Also, new Canadian flag:

Comment

NYE, you dirty sod. How dare you list me as a Liberal!!!!

I'm an NDPer.

Change the poll.

Golfing since 67

Comment

Pretty active, Asher, for someone who isn't going to vote.
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)

Comment

Working...
                              X