No announcement yet.

Separation of Church and State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm well aware that the majority of muslims are in Asia. I already went over this with Sava. Islam is like a disease and it has infected people all over the world.

Comment

Though I am reminded at those who said Italians and Irish can never become true Americans because they will never assimilate. After all, they were in the original US ghettos (along with Jews, of course).
      They didn't wear head scarves and they were European Christians. They also didn't have the incredibly stifling views on women that muslims suffer from. Just out of curiousity, is your girlfriend allowed to drive or walk out of the house alone?

Comment

Originally posted by StarLightDeath
        I'm well aware that the majority of muslims are in Asia. I already went over this with Sava. Islam is like a disease and it has infected people all over the world.
        So is Christianity.
        "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
        "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
        Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

They didn't wear head scarves and they were European Christians. They also didn't have the incredibly stifling views on women that muslims suffer from. Just out of curiousity, is your girlfriend allowed to drive or walk out of the house alone?
          But they were Catholics, which was just as bad back then.
          "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
          "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
          Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

Just as bad? So they cut hands off for stealing? Heads? Women walked around with veils on and were accompanied by men at all times? Husbands beat their wives as a natural right? We're not even taking into account the fact that you are comparing people from over 100 years ago to "modern" people today.

Comment

Just as bad? So they cut hands off for stealing? Heads? Women walked around with veils on and were accompanied by men at all times? Husbands beat their wives as a natural right? We're not even taking into account the fact that you are comparing people from over 100 years ago to "modern" people today.
              You are confusing Arab culture for Islam. I highly doubt Indonesians and Malinese do that.

Comment

They didn't wear head scarves and they were European Christians. They also didn't have the incredibly stifling views on women that muslims suffer from.
                No, they were Catholics, which to good Protestants in the US wasn't Christian. They were Papists, which was a nice curse back in those day.

And they didn't have "incredibly stifling views on women"? Did you skip the whole women fighting for the right to vote thing in school? Nice education you got in your school... what was the final? Catching a greased pig?

Just out of curiousity, is your girlfriend allowed to drive or walk out of the house alone?
                Of course, and with the added benefit of not being like your girlfriend/wife, barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen, churning out Christian soldiers for the Fascist right .

Hell, my mother has a masters degree in psychology. Did your mother even graduate high school, or did she marry her brother before that happened?
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Of course, and with the added benefit of not being like your girlfriend/wife, barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen, churning out Christian soldiers for the Fascist right .

Hell, my mother has a masters degree in psychology. Did your mother even graduate high school, or did she marry her brother before that happened?
                  I'm not Christian, I'm an atheist. Your religion resembles fascism far more than Christianity ever could. My mother is a nurse living in Ireland and my dad owns his own business. I'm glad your mom is in psychology handing out anti-depressants like candy as she takes a kick back from the pharmaceuticals. I can't say I'm impressed. You're trying to come off as this highly educated and vastly intellectually superior individual and I can tell you it's not selling too well.

And they didn't have "incredibly stifling views on women"? Did you skip the whole women fighting for the right to vote thing in school? Nice education you got in your school... what was the final? Catching a greased pig?
                  Women's sufferage had nothing to do with Christian culture, it had to do with the time period. It's nice to see though that women are finally being allowed to vote...in Iraq. Wait, isn't that because the US went in and cleaned house? I'm sorry, I'm mistaken, the middle east is a bastion for women's rights. Just out of curiosity, when was the last time the church stoned a woman to death for adultery? Or how about the last time we cut someone's head off? Maybe a hand or two? Right.

Comment

My grandmother was married with child at 15... and endured almost two decades of abuse until they liberalized the divorce laws in the '70s.... hint: no Muslims in my family.

Besides... SCS does not mean that a person can break any law on the grounds of religious freedom. If a Muslim abuses his wife or bombs a public building... he will be punished whether or not he hides behind his religion. Same goes for Christians... I don't think those who bomb abortion clinics are spared punishment. This is crux of the matter... the prime function of the state is the maintenance of civil peace and security... and in order to do that they must be not only be intolerant to practices that threaten said peace and security, but should also be tolerant and neutral with regard to practices that don't.

Comment

• Originally posted by StarLightDeath
                      Islam is like a disease and it has infected people all over the world.

bigotry
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• It's kinda strange y'know... that we assume that Muslims can't be modernized simply because aren't already (well many are... but we don't hear about that do we?).

They're certainly less likely to if we exclude them and tell them they are hopeless barbarians.

Comment

• I have another point to make. The security of Western Civilization depends in large part on our convincing the rest of the world that our social and political model is something to which they should aspire. Our efforts would be sabotaged if we were to convince the world that "they are not good enough for it". That's fine enough for them... they'll find their own path... one that is more likely to cause friction between our respective civilizations. Huntington's "clash of civilizations" thesis isn't something to be accepted as a fait accompli, but prevented.

Comment

• I'm not Christian, I'm an atheist. Your religion resembles fascism far more than Christianity ever could. My mother is a nurse living in Ireland and my dad owns his own business. I'm glad your mom is in psychology handing out anti-depressants like candy as she takes a kick back from the pharmaceuticals. I can't say I'm impressed. You're trying to come off as this highly educated and vastly intellectually superior individual and I can tell you it's not selling too well.

Of course its not selling too well to you... my education and intellect is on many levels above yours. I refuse to talk down to you, hence not "selling too well" to you .

And besides, my mother is actually a teacher. Now you can slander all teachers as you did the field of psychology. Go ahead, prejudice is second nature to you.

As for you being an atheist... riiiiiight. And bin Laden is Catholic.

Women's sufferage had nothing to do with Christian culture, it had to do with the time period.

That's why you've seen women priests in the Catholic Church... oh wait!

It's nice to see though that women are finally being allowed to vote...in Iraq.

You do realize that in Pakistan, Bangladesh, and Indonesia (all Muslim countries) they have had Prime Ministers who were female, right? Not saying they are more advanced on womens' rights, but if they are so backwards, that is quite an embarassment to the US, isn't it (highest elected office a woman has held here is Minority Speaker)?

Or how about the last time we cut someone's head off?

And what really is the difference between electrocuting someone and cutting his head off? The form of Death Penalty makes a difference to you?
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• have another point to make. The security of Western Civilization depends in large part on our convincing the rest of the world that our social and political model is something to which they should aspire. Our efforts would be sabotaged if we were to convince the world that "they are not good enough for it". That's fine enough for them... they'll find their own path... one that is more likely to cause friction between our respective civilizations. Huntington's "clash of civilizations" thesis isn't something to be accepted as a fait accompli, but prevented.
                              Possibly, and probably, you have a point there. However, I don't have to tolerate people coming into this country trying to use our laws against us in an attempt to undermine our culture. I believe the security of the US lies in the preservation of our culture and I believe Christianity is the stepping stone to destroying it. Anyone who tries to say that Christianity isn't a part of American culture seeks to undermine it.

Comment

• Originally posted by StarLightDeath
                                undermine our culture. .

Let me explain something to you.

Christianity may be a part of some Americans' culture, but it is not a part of ALL Americans' culture. America is NOT a Christian nation. Never was, never will be. America is a nation of immigrants. People come here for freedom. And the very first Amendment in our Constitution is Freedom of religion. So people can believe what they want, worship who they want, or choose not to believe in anything.

And no where in the Constitution do I see the word "culture". It's not the government's job to dictate what American culture is. Nor is it government's job to protect anyone's idea of it. America's culture is constantly changing due to various influences, mostly from the people that choose to call America "home".

If you can't deal with the fact that America is a country of immigrants, is tolerant of other peoples' beliefs, and is generally a beacon for those people who want freedom from assho, I mean, people like you... then get the **** out. Otherwise, shut the **** up and deal with it. Or go join the Aryan nation or something...

Because your racist, xenophobic rantings are starting to really piss the **** outta me.

And let me know if you ever come to Chicago... please... I'll even pay for your airfare (if it's under $75)... we can have a nice "discussion"
                                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X