Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bosh Check Your E-Mail!

Hey, this IS the off-topic isn't it?

Anyway, "Bosh", my old friend XXXX who is in Incheon now works at a good (!?) hagwon that I've been harassing him about getting in for quite a while and they are now expanding.

Pretty good deal but it means I'd have to put my MA studies on hold and it's about 1.5 mil less than I'd want to be really satisfied.

But the joys of working with a boss who actually is fluent for real in english and has worked in the US! ! XXXX says that this is a 'no BS' company, at last! I'm seriously considering going back because:

a) school sucks and blows at the same time
    b) more to the point, student 0 dollar income and student ghetto lifestyle really blows, I'm just too old to find bottle collections and filth that 'funny' anymore

I am seriously considering it. Anyway take a look at their blurb and tell me what you think. Some of my other old friends from han-gook work there too.

Bad points...rich kids, elem/middle/high...and it's only forking 2.5!! Still better than the proverbial knee in the groin.
    "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
    "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
    "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Wait. You're going to go to Korea for ~3000$CAN? (according to currency exchange rat eI just found)

WTF?
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

That's expensive. I did a round trip to Japan for $650 USD. You got to find the deals...
      If you look around and think everyone else is an *******, you're the *******.

Comment

p.a. it's approximately 39000 CAD if you really must know.
        EDIT: lol I think I see the confusion, that's not a cost figure, the flight etc is free (as is private appartment in walking distance, health plan, free dinner every night, etc) My only cost is utilities.
        "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

So what does the 2.5 million won refer to?

Monthly?
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

yes, plus an annual bonus equal to one month, which if you have xe's universal currency convertor open, is about 39000 CAD a year.

Better than a finger in the eye for a young bachelor. Plus all the 'free stuff' gives you a lot more take home pay than in Canada.

Why the curiosity? Do you know anyone looking for adventure?

Comment

No, I just don't like it when numbers don't add up.
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Re: Bosh Check Your E-Mail!

Yeah, check your mail today and get a free $49.95 toaster!

Sorry..

Comment

Originally posted by Seeker
                  yes, plus an annual bonus equal to one month, which if you have xe's universal currency convertor open, is about 39000 CAD a year.
                  That's a pretty coin to be sure...

Too bad you need to be a native speaker.
                  (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                  (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                  (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

For people besides Seeker:that pay is pretty nice, remember that taxes are only a few percent. To get that much takehome pay after taxes and rent would be a pretty nice paycheck in Toronto, not even counting lower living expenses here for a lot of things (especially restaurants).

Would be good to have you here. Would you be coming now or at the end of the semester? At the end of the semester you'd have a lot of credit under your best and if it sucks, there'd be a lot worse things to do than be back here for a year. Have been having a good time here, met some cool people since you left, but would definately be very cool to have you in the area (sort of at least, Incheon isn't too far from Apgujeong).
                    Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Working...
                    X