No announcement yet.

Water, water, everywhere....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I buy the half-litre bottles of mineral water, and then fill them up with tap water and reuse them many times once they're done.

Comment

I use tap water for drinking, brushing teeth, everything. (I wonder if any of you use bottled water for bathing?)

I might buy a bottle of water once every now and then but the bottle is more important. After it's empty, refill refill refill...
      meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

"I buy the half-litre bottles of mineral water, and then fill them up with tap water and reuse them many times once they're done"

Do you sew an Izod tag on your Walmart shirt?
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Adagio
          Water? Who drinks that stuff?
          Me, when I'm not drinking beer. So that would be when I'm at work.
          "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
          "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
          "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Appropriately, I got this quote when I voted in the poll:
            The water was not fit to drink. To make it palatable, we had to add whiskey.
            By diligent effort, I learned to like it.
            -- Winston Churchill

The water in my area is decent. The pipes aren't, so I drink my water filtered. Since it is a manual filter, I don't bother with it for brushing my teeth.
            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

All out of the tap...a fraction of the price of the stuff out of the bottom...
              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Tap water all the way!

Back in Year 12, we even used it in place of distilled water in chemistry class, it's that clean where I live. Works in car batteries too.
                #play s.-cd#g+c-ga#+dgfg#+cf----q.c
                #endgame

Quantum P. is a champion: http://geocities.com/zztexpert/docs/upoprgv4.html

Comment

I actively dislike the taste of bottled water. It's too flat.
                  12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Killing it is the new killing it
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
                    I actively dislike the taste of bottled water. It's too flat.
                    What about flavored bottled watter?
                    "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
                    "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
                    Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

I use tap water -- except at home, where we have really old pipes that are just a bit rusty

Comment

Tap water always. I dislike the development of having to pay for bottled water, it is such an essential part of our existance that everybodys need should be covered through the cooperation we call society.
                        It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

It all depends on your location.

Once you've gotten used to good tap water, you realize how spoiled you've been if you move to an area with high sulphur or whatnot.

I like the flavour of good tap water so it was really hard in Korea where alcoholic drinks are literally cheaper than bottled water (.87 cents for a bottle of soju, versus a dollar something for bottle of water)
                          "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
                          "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
                          "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

Once you've gotten used to good tap water, you realize how spoiled you've been if you move to an area with high sulphur or whatnot.
                            Or you could get used to bad tap water

I don't like bottled water because I look at the drink machine in Wal Mart, see water for $1.00 next to Dr Pepper for $1.00, and think "Duh..."
                            meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Tap water for everything - why pay a fortune for the same stuff put into a bottle ?

No filtering needed, though on occasion I dilute it with a little whiskey.

I never drink water because of the disgusting things that fish do in it.

W. C. Fields
                              With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

We drink tap water here, after boiling it.

Add tea leaves for flavours
                                (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                                (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                                X