Water, water, everywhere....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water, water, everywhere....

It seems very prevalent in Europe, but very few Britishers bother with bottled water, relying on their local tap water for all their needs. Which do you prefer, and which is most common where you live?
    (Answers to the first half of that question in the poll please)
    I drink tap water, and use it to brush my teeth too.
    63.27%
    I drink tap water, but use bottled water to brush my teeth.
    2.04%
    I drink bottled water, and use it to brush my teeth.
    0.00%
    I drink bottled water, but brush my teeth with tap water.
    24.49%
    I'm hydrophobic and have no teeth.
    0.00%
    I'm British, drink only beer, and see no point in brushing my teeth.
    6.12%
    I use my trusty, multi-purpose banana!
    4.08%

I drink tap water, filtered via a Brita filter. I'd drink the tap water w/o the filter, but since I have the filter, why not? My one requirement is that the water must be refridgerated, or, if I can't have that, be full of ice.

-Arrian
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Our refrigerator has a water dispenser that filters water from the tap. That's what I drink most of the time.

But sometimes I drink bottled water.

I brush my teeth with tap water from the sink.

We get our tap water from Lake Michigan.
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
        Our refrigerator has a water dispenser that filters water from the tap. That's what I drink most of the time.

But sometimes I drink bottled water.

I brush my teeth with tap water from the sink.

We get our tap water from Lake Michigan.
        WE drink bottled water from our water cooler but I do drink tap water when that's all we have. I use the taps for toothbrushing purposes
        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

I drink bottled water at work, and Brita filtered water at home. However, we have one of those Brita pitcher dealies, so if it's empty, I'll drink tap water until it filters through. I always use tap water to brush my teeth.
          "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
          "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
          "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Originally posted by Flubber

WE drink bottled water from our water cooler but I do drink tap water when that's all we have. I use the taps for toothbrushing purposes
            Our tap water is decent, but the filter on our refrigerator is awesome. It is the best water I have ever had.

The fridge also has an automated icemaker and dispenser.

Although even when it is set on cubed (instead of crushed) it still sometimes crushes the ice a little bit. So when I want ice, I just open the freezer and take ice from the bin.

Everyone else in my house just uses the dispenser though.
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I would have voted #6, but I'm Dutch.
              "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
              "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

I use tap water to make coffee and brush my teeth, but I don't drink it. It doesn't taste too good here.
                I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Re: Water, water, everywhere....

Originally posted by duke o' york
                  It seems very prevalent in Europe, but very few Britishers bother with bottled water, relying on their local tap water for all their needs. Which do you prefer, and which is most common where you live?
                  (Answers to the first half of that question in the poll please)

Two thoughts:

Dasani made from local-to-me Sicup tapwater was less safe than the water from the local stream.

Consider how many bottles of Evian (or Volvic or whichever) water are made for world consumption, and then consider the catchment area of the place its supposed to come from. Does it add up? (I don't know, but my gut says no most of the time)
                  One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Yeah, but no-one makes jokes about the Dutch people's teeth.
                    Except maybe the Belgians behind your backs.

Comment

I drink and brush my teeth with tapwater. I'd like to buy a filter (it's very very hard to be calcium deficient in Norwich thanks to how much we've got in our water) but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Drink bottled water at festivals or when I'm thirsty and on the move.
                      Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
                      -Richard Dawkins

Comment

DC tapwater has lots of "particulates", so I drink it filtered (a charcoal filter like Brita does nicely). I use tapwater for brushing my teeth.

My parents have well water, which they run through their RO filter for drinking and through the charcoal filter for everything else (i.e., a water softener). That is a common approach in rural areas.
                        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Brita filtered tap water for drinking, straight from the tap for brushing.
                          "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                          "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                          "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Water? Who drinks that stuff?
                            This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Lake Michigan water.

At home I store tap water in the frig so it's cold enough. I brush with regular tap water.

At work I sometimes drink bottled water because the tap water isn't cold enough for me. The water fountain has a slight oily taste. I don't know why.
                              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                              X