American carrier sunk in the Pacific

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Asher
    Even Canada has sunk US Carriers in exercises.
    The Aussies too.
    Unbelievable!

Comment

Originally posted by Thrawn05
      I think this pic would of use in this thread.
      Actually Canada's "Navy" might be more useful than any other in Afghanistan. One can always make way for another machine gun.
      He's got the Midas touch.
      But he touched it too much!
      Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison

That's why their boats are shaped so phallically
        or it could be the penis shape is just the best shape in the world for plunging into things.

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
          Carriers are noisy beasts. No attempt is made to decieve their presence.
          Unless your press secretary is the former Iraqi Minister of Information!

That is not an aircraft carrier. Its merely our new NFL themed cruiseship with a football field on top.

And the fighters are merely making flybys to simulate the start of a fantasy superbowl........

Comment

good idea.

We should have a superbowl on an aircraft carrier. lay down some artificial turf (though if we really want to make it brutal- we'd have them play on the non-skid ). Diving catches made out of bounds would lead to the player to fall off the side of the ship. Gives new meaning to the term: left the game with injury.

there would be no room for a live crowd. But we could still televise it.

Comment

Btw, a question for you Navy experts:

If surface ships can't hide anyway, couldn't they simply use active sonar all the time during a mission? So how can they miss something in their vicinity?

It's probably a stupid question, but maybe you still could answer it. Unless its top secret of course
              Blah

Comment

I'm no expert on anti-sub warfare (I was an engineer), but I believe they do use active sonar all the time. At least the helicoptors do with the buoys all the time.

I even looked it up on wikipedia:

Since active sonar does not allow an exact identification and is very noisy, this type of detection is used by fast platforms (planes, helicopters) and by noisy platforms (most surface ships) but rarely by submarines. When active sonar is used by surface ships or submarines, it is typically activated very briefly at intermittent periods, to reduce the risk of detection by an enemy's passive sonar. As such, active sonar is normally considered a backup to passive sonar. In aircraft, active sonar is used in the form of disposable sonobuoys that are dropped in the aircraft's patrol area or in the vicinity of possible enemy sonar contacts.

Comment

Thx
                  Blah

Comment

Working...
                  X