Womens breasts bounce 135m/mile, study suggests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Womens breasts bounce 135m/mile, study suggests

I'm pretty sure that my concentration would go haywire if I should perform such a study

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Jogging your way to saggy breasts

Millions of women may be jogging their way to sagging breasts as they set off on New Year fitness regimes without suitable bras, research suggests.

Some 9.5 million British women could be irreversibly damaging their busts by exercising without a proper sports bra, the Portsmouth University team said.

They found breasts moved in a 3D figure of eight and that uncontrolled movement strained fragile tissues and ligaments.

The study suggested as a woman runs a mile, her breasts bounced 135m.

The report found each breast moved independently of the body by an average of 9cm for every step taken on the treadmill.

With the average breast weighing between 200 and 300 grams, this movement puts great stress on the breast's fragile support structure - the outer skin and connective tissues known as Cooper's ligaments.

Irreversible breast sag

The research team found breast movements resulted in temporary pain and discomfort.

But it also led to a more permanent stretching of the Cooper's ligament which leads to irreversible breast sag.

They claim that wearing an ordinary T-shirt bra reduced bounce by 38%, but wearing a sports bra by the firm Shock Absorber - which sponsored the research - reduced bounce by 78%.

Dr Joanne Scurr who carried out the research said women needed to be aware of the effects of exercising without properly supporting their breasts.

"People rightly spend time and effort to get the right footwear for exercise and it is equally important to wear the correct sports bra.

"Proper support for breasts will reduce the stretch to the Cooper's ligament."
    Considering the fatal damage, women should either be forbidden to run or it should be obligatory for them to wear sports bras
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Why do they mix up miles and SI units in the article? Silly Brits: "We're introducing the metric system, inch by inch."
    So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
    Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

It's been my opinion for many years that women should not be running. Even if you do manage to catch them, you'll be short of breath before getting down to the real business. But they simply won't listen to reason, they keep running.

Comment

Ferget sports bras. Just strap 'em down tight with duct tape.
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

The researchers at Portsmouth University:

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
            Beat me to it, ****er.
            In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

DUCK TAPE
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Strap 'em

Comment

she's Serbian

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

She's hot

Comment

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Biiiig Baada Boom
                        "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

She's Ukranian and not that attractive.
                          If you look around and think everyone else is an *******, you're the *******.

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion
                            Strap 'em

Those wouldn't bounce more than a few yards in 1.609 km.
                            So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                            Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

OWWWWWWWWieeeeeee
                              **** at this rate why not just remove them and put them back on after the run its sounds just as painful/
                              I wonder now that the breastes were brought up how bout them testicles??? The bounce when men run too dont they?? And if so as che said whip out that duct tape
                              When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                              "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                              Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Working...
                              X