Famous Bobs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John Wayne Bobbit?
    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Bobby Hinkle?
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Bobar
        Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
        CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
        One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Robert Mitchum

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
            Bobby Hinkle?
            I'm sure orange would appreciate seeing his full name posted on Poly

Comment

Comment

Who is that? Like Bob Vick?

Bob Marley.

Comment

For the englishmen:

ACK!
                  Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Bob Denver
                    If at first you don't succeed, take the bloody hint and give up.

Comment

Comment

Robert Schumann

"I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

For the Australians:

Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Im kinda fuzzy on which is which?

One on left is Bob and the other is neal

or is it the other way around neal-n-bob?
                            Attached Files
                            Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
                              Bob Ross

Why did you post a picture of Drekkus?
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Bob Denard

Bob Denard
                                From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
                                Jump to: navigation, search

"Colonel" Bob Denard, known in Arabic as Said Mustapha Mahdjoub (born April 7, 1929 in Bordeaux, France as Gilbert Bourgeaud) is perhaps the most famous and influential mercenary in the last fifty years.

Denard served with the French forces in Indochina and then in Morocco before leaving the army in 1952 and going private in the early 1960s. He found plenty of work with the tumultuous de-colonization of Africa and the battle against communism in the region. Denard is known to have participated in conflicts in Zimbabwe, Yemen, Iran, Nigeria, Benin, Gabon, Angola, Zaire and the Comoros. For most of his career Denard had the quiet backing of France and the French secret services which wished to maintain French influence over its ex-colonies.

His "favorite" targets were the Comoros. He has overthrown the government of this small island group four times. The first president, Ahmed Abdallah, was ousted by Ali Soilih, who came to power with help of Denard in the first coup, just after independence. Denard, however, helped Abdallah to restore his power in the second coup in 1978, in which Soilih was killed under mysterious circumstances on May 29, 1978.

For ten years he headed Abdallah's 500-strong presidential guard and had strong influence and business interests in the archipelago, eventually becoming a citizen of the country.

In May, 1999, Denard had to face charges of homicide for his role in the third coup in 1989, in which, according to the French prosecution, Abdallah was killed on the orders of Denard because he was about to remove him as head of the presidential guard. The prosecution said President Abdallah was shot on orders of Denard during a faked attack on his palace on the night of November 26, 1989. Denard and one of his top lieutenants, Dominique Malacrino, were however acquitted because of a lack of evidence. The comoros experienced its twentieth coup attempt since independance on the day that the trial began.

Denard was arrested in 1995 when he launched a fourth coup, Operation Kaskari in the Comoros without French backing. The French government sent an expeditionary force to capture Denard and his 33 mercenaries. Despite having over 300 armed Comorians ready to fight and having machine gun posts set up, he surrendered without a shot being fired and spent ten months in a Paris jail. At his trial a number of former Gaullist politicians spoke on his behalf.

He is the father of eight children and has been married seven times (polygamously), after converting to Islam.
                                "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                                "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                                "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Working...
                                X