Webcam picture of Saturn....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Webcam picture of Saturn....

I had a play with my Toucam Pro and telescope last night. I'm pretty made up with the result so I thought I'd share....

All right, it looks pretty cool..

Comment

I'm pretty made up...

Is that a drag thing? or just strange/bad usage of English?

nice pic
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

nice pic

It reminds me to get a telescope again as I was quite into the stars when I was a kid, but I guess I'd have nowhere to put it as it stands (and I need to find a new job too soon )
        Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
        GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Next show us the web cam pictures of Urinanus.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
            Next show us the web cam pictures of Urinanus.
            Would you like that?

Comment

you can take such pics of Saturn using only a telescope? I'm impressed.
              I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

wow - that is cool! but then your gear looked pretty impressive
                Space is amazing - and like OneFootInTheGrave, its making me want to finaly get a telescope. Although i'm sure light pollution in london would probably be an issue?

Do you know what it reminds me off? The box cover on Elite-Frontier! i'll have a play this weekend and take a shuttle out to Saturn just to see it like in that pic.

Cool pic reds
                'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

There's a program for that, I think the picture is taken for few seconds, and then put together. Damned if I can remember the name of the program...
                  I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

As long as it isn't a webcam picture of Uranus

JM
                    Jon Miller-
                    I AM.CANADIAN
                    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Tattila,
                      Registax? The picture above is 1500 frames aligned and stacked together.

Thor,

Light pollution is'nt much of a problem when looking at the Moon or planets, it's faint stuff like other galaxies that you will struggle on. You can get a filter that blocks a lot of light pollution (blocks the Sodium lines I think) but its not perfect....

Another one of mine, the Ring Nebula....

Comment

woot!(correct use?) its amazing that we are simply monkies stareing through some special glass into the void.

awesome
                        'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by reds4ever
                          Tattila,
                          Registax? The picture above is 1500 frames aligned and stacked together.

Thor,

Light pollution is'nt much of a problem when looking at the Moon or planets, it's faint stuff like other galaxies that you will struggle on. You can get a filter that blocks a lot of light pollution (blocks the Sodium lines I think) but its not perfect....

Another one of mine, the Ring Nebula....
                          That's a pretty poor attempt to remove the copyright notice on someone else's image

Gorgeous picture of Saturn .
                          "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                          "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

You cheeky git!

Thats a stamp that the hosting service I used to use put on it, when I processed the image afterwards the lettering got distorted.

Believe me, if I was going to plagarise there are plenty of better images of the Ring Nebula to choose from!!

Comment

You cheeky git!
                              "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                              "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Working...
                              X