Don't mess with my crime scene

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't mess with my crime scene

I'll bet this doesn't happen on TV crime shows. Part of the article in the morning paper.

Lockport man dies after car flips over
    Empty vehicle is hit by train 2 hours later

By Jamie Francisco
    Tribune staff reporter
    Published January 9, 2006

A Lockport man was killed in a car crash over the weekend in unincorporated Lockport Township as he was driving home from work.

About two hours later, his vehicle, which had landed on railroad tracks, was struck by an Amtrak train while Illinois State Police were still investigating the car crash. No one was injured in that crash, an Amtrak spokesman said.

No injuries were reported among the 143 passengers and about five crew members aboard the Amtrak train from St. Louis to Chicago that struck Makarovas' car, said Amtrak spokesman Cliff Black. The train sustained some damage but did not derail and was able to proceed to Union Station after a one-hour delay, Black said.

State police on the scene investigating the car crash reported it to BNSF Railway, officials said. But the car was on tracks that belong to Canadian National Railway, Black said.

"It's my understanding that the Canadian National was not notified that their tracks had a motor vehicle on them," Black said.

The train is authorized to travel up to 79 m.p.h. at the location where it struck the vehicle, but it was not known how fast it was traveling at the time, Black said.

jfrancisco@tribune.com
    How embarrassing. DOH. I can just imagine the cops on the scene after the train came through trying to look serious and not breaking out into hysterical laughter.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Hum, isn't Makarova female version of Makarov? As Ivanova is to Ivanov? Would imply that the guy was not actually a guy.

Just rambling.
    I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

What a bad story lead.
      "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
      "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
      "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
      "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Working...
      X