Calling all Hollywood producers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling all Hollywood producers.

Let's face it...at heart, we're all Hollywood producers.
    So what books should we make into movies:

How about the Discworld series??

Better as a miniseries (and you'd have to pick one group of stories, I'd guess).

Same with a Song of Ice and Fire series. It could only work as a miniseries. A 7 movie series wouldn't fly with producers.. and besides, I think every book would probably need 3-4 hours rather than 2.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

The Thrawn trilogy by Timothy Zahn.

It picks up Star Wars after Return of the Jedi. It would put Lucas to shame.

The movies he should have made.
      While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

or should make now. Since I understand the need for prequels of Star Wars.
        While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

Indeed, while Discworld or Song of Ice and Fire are fantastic, I'd say the Hand of Thrawn series will make a better movie (well, WOULD make a better movie)...
          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

The SuperCitizen.
            In da butt.
            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
            THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
            "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Atlas Shrugged.

Comment

Catcher in the rye
                my daddy was a number runner
                the robot/empire/foundation series as serious sci-fi not just using the names.
                Several books by heinlein(the one with the prophet named micheal, the moon is a harsh mistress, jem, revolt in 2100/if this goes on, between planets
                What can make a nigga wanna fight a whole night club/Figure that he ought to maybe be a pimp simply 'cause he don't like love/What can make a nigga wanna achy, break all rules/In a book when it took a lot to get you hooked up to this volume/
                What can make a nigga wanna loose all faith in/Anything that he can't feel through his chest wit sensation

Comment

Re: Calling all Hollywood producers.

Originally posted by Zkribbler
                  I don't know. I got the Soul Music movie for Christmas, and while it was still good, the humor didn't translate well enough to make it really great. I could live with the horrible animation (obviously not a problem if it were live action...) but there's just too much wordplay that has to get cut to fit into a movie. Even the stuff that made it in didn't usually work as well as in the books.

That being said, I'd certainly like to see the attempt...
                  "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Oh, and I'd like to see Nancy Kress' Beggars series. You'd have to abbreviate a lot of the philosophy, but the story and characters could still stand on their own.
                    "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

The His Dark Materials trilogy

Cryptonomicon

The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay
                      "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

StarCraft
                        Quendelie axan!

Comment

I know it is not a book but it would be a great movie (if done properly ofcourse)
                          It can't lose money too because of the guaranteed sales in Korea.
                          Quendelie axan!

Comment

video game movie; Rampage

ride the King Kong coattails!
                            that would so be a Bruckheimer move
                            Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus T. Firefly (Yes, I'm quoting myself...)
                              The His Dark Materials trilogy
                              Coincidently, I just read today that New Line is going to make these.
                              "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Working...
                              X