X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strong Undersea Earthquake Rattles Greece

What's shaking, Markos?

15 minutes ago

ATHENS, Greece - An undersea earthquake with a magnitude of at least 6.7 shook Greece on Sunday and was felt as far away as Egypt and Jordan, officials said.

The quake struck at 1.34 p.m. local time (6:34 a.m. EST) was centered near the island of Kythira, about 125 miles south of Athens, the Athens Geodynamic Institute said.

Three people were slightly injured, and Kythira's airport and buildings in the southern island of Crete suffered minor damage, authorities said.

The Athens Geodynamic Institute said the magnitude was 6.9, while the U.S Geological Survey said it measured 6.7.

The earthquake was felt in Cairo, Egypt, about 745 miles southeast of the epicenter, and in Amman, Jordan, but there were no immediate reports of damage or casualties.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

I hope they don't lose anymore marbles.
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

MarkG, Everybody okay?
      "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Magnitude 6.9 Earthquake hits Greece 1-8-2006

Earthquake Rocks Greece , hope that no one is hurt!

Markos, you here?

Just checking on my Favorite website owner is all

Gramps
        Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Markos lives in the Greek Province Called Macedonia.
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Beat you.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
              Beat you.
              Sorry SlowwHand

All conversations concerning this topic please post HERE!

Grandpa Troll

You have been warned

One more infraction, back to Mingapulco you go

wait

Mingapulco is located near the epicenter...better just behave Gramps
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Grandpa Troll; January 8, 2006, 12:30.

Comment

I see Mark is on the forums, hope he is ok?

Maybe someone should send up a flare?

Hope he knows who does and doesnt really care for him

Comment

This is earth-shaking news.

Let's hope it didn't rock Markos's world too much--here's hoping that he's all right.
                  B♭3

Comment

Kiss ass.

Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Of course. I do it in the hopes of one day gaining co-dictator-for-life-ship whose words are backed with NUCLEAR WEAPONS!
                      B♭3

Comment

In other news from the region, Michael Moore is reported to have taken up skin diving in the Aegean Sea and was seen heading out to sea on Sunday after enjoying a solid meal of beans and various cabbage delicacies.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll
                          I see Mark is on the forums, hope he is ok?

Maybe someone should send up a flare?

Hope he knows who does and doesnt really care for him
                          Well, MarkG is in Thessaloniki, isn't he? My friend down there didn't even feel the quake, so he's probably OK.
                          Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                          The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Working...
                          X