What a game!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a game!

Iceland wins over Armenia 50-0...in hockey! (ice hockey!)

Wow.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Oh-oh! This means our 1949 defeat against Canada is no longer the worst, most humiliating beating of all time.

I foresee a grave downturn in Canadian selfconfidence after this.

Attached Files

Comment

It's a good thing the Armenian coach didn't pull Baluyan. That would have shattered his confidence.
      ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

It's near enough a 100-nil.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by joncha
          It's a good thing the Armenian coach didn't pull Baluyan. That would have shattered his confidence.
          He did have 83 saves.
          "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

I read that as "...wins over Amerika".

What a dissapointment.
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Hahahahahaha! TRYGGVASON Magnus had no goals when his team scored 50.

Come on Magnus! Start contributing to the team effort!!!
              Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
              1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Holy ****!

Did Armenia field a team of 6 year old girls? That's incredible.

You'd think at some point Iceland would just get bored, hehe.
                Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

By Iceland Asher means a boy's high school team and by Armenia he means the US women's team. This game was played earlier this week, probably with a similar score.
                  "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                  "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                  "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                  "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Meh. I take it you've never actually seen the US women's team play.
                    ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

The US women are manilier than the US men's team.
                      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                        The US women are manilier than the US men's team.
                        Hope that you don't have any pics to prove your point
                        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by joncha
                          Meh. I take it you've never actually seen the US women's team play.
                          Actually this was in the news a few days ago, they did get beat by a high school boys team 5-2 or some such.

Comment

link?

Comment

High School Boys Beat U.S. Women's Hockey Team

January 5, 2006 11:00 a.m. EST

Yvonne Lee - All Headline News Staff Reporter

Warroad, MN (AHN) - The U.S. Olympic women's hockey team was beaten by a high school boys' team on Wednesday.

The Warroad High School team managed a 2-1 victory in the exhibition game that was attended by 1,500 people, reports The Associated Press.

With 3:52 remaining, Allen McBride shot a backhander past USA goalie Chanda Gunn to win the game.

"They were nice to put a team up against us that was spirited and you could tell by the reactions that it meant as much to those kids as it does to us," Team USA coach Ben Smith said to the AP.

"Hockey is hockey. I think the people liked it. It seemed like a nice crowd and just a wonderful evening," he added.

The Warroad team led 24-23 in shots.

Comment

Working...
                              X