Stretching.. stretching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stretching.. stretching

The day after a workout.. when your muscles are real sore and you can get that "crcccrrkk" out of stretching them. Is it beneficial to then stretch?

I know you're supposed to stretch both before ,and a few hours after, the workout. Yet is there any additional advantage to stretching the day(s) after?

Or perhaps it's doing damage to what your body is then trying to heal as muscle??

Ehrr, have you tried to stretch out immediatedly after workout, that is when your muscles still are stretchable ?
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Re: Stretching.. stretching

Originally posted by Zylka
      The day after a workout.. when your muscles are real sore and you can get that "crcccrrkk" out of stretching them. Is it beneficial to then stretch?

I know you're supposed to stretch both before ,and a few hours after, the workout. Yet is there any additional advantage to stretching the day(s) after?

Or perhaps it's doing damage to what your body is then trying to heal as muscle??
      Are you working out the day after?

When I actively competed in Martial Arts, I worked out 7 days a week usually

Stretching was imperative on everyday

even after freesparring heavily the prior day
      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Stretching right after workout.

Other than that, suck it up and just let it fly young master.
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

What workout are you doing? When you say workout it can be anything from golf to wight lifting.
          It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

Re: Stretching.. stretching

Originally posted by Zylka

Stretching never does your body harm. What it does is removes acid from your muscles (that's the burning feeling you get when you stretch.)

What's important is both when you stretch and HOW you stretch.

After your workout (not a few hours after, but soon after) go into a sauna or your shower and stretch the major muscles there. Heat opens up your muscles, allowing for better flexibility.

I stretch when I wake up, before my workout, after my workout in the shower, and before I go to bed.

I can put my leg behind my head. Can you?
            "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
            ^ The Poly equivalent of:
            "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Why would you want to do that? Easy access?
              In da butt.
              "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

I can put my leg behind my head. Can you?
                I know a guy who can do that. It's not something to be proud of.

I can put my arm behind my head though!
                meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka

Comment

Pekka, you have your personal perv thread :

stretching out is serious busines.
                    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

So is perving.
                      In da butt.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat

Pekka, you have your personal perv thread :

stretching out is serious busines.
                        Q F T

Comment

Why, you want lessons?
                          "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                          ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                          "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Working...
                          X