Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great American Hero Dies

Hugh Thompson died of cancer today.

After coming across the dead bodies of Vietnamese civilians outside My Lai on March 16, 1968, Thompson set down his OH-23 and the three men began setting green gas markers by the prone bodies of the Vietnamese civilians who appeared to still be alive. Returning to the helicopter however, they saw Captain Ernest Medina run forward and begin shooting the wounded who had been marked - and the three men moved their ship back over the village where Thompson confronted Lt. Stephen Brooks who was preparing to blow up a hut full of cowering and wounded Vietnamese; he left Andreotta and Colburn to cover the company with their heavy machine guns and orders to fire on any American who refused the orders to halt the massacre. (Needless to say, none of the officers dared to disobey him, although as a mere warrant officer, Thompson was outranked by the commissioned lieutenants.)

Thompson: Let's get these people out of this bunker and get 'em out of here.
    Brooks: We'll get 'em out with hand grenades.
    Thompson: I can do better than that. Keep your people in place. My guns are on you.

Thompson then ordered two other helicopters (one piloted by Dan Millians) flying nearby to serve as a medevac for the 11 wounded Vietnamese. While flying away from the village, Andreotta spotted movement in an irrigation ditch, and the helicopter was again landed and a child was extracted from the bodies, and brought with the rest of the Vietnamese to the hospital at Quang Ngai.

Thompson subsequently reported the massacre, whilst it was still occuring, to his superiors. The cease-fire order was then given.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

I thought this was going to be about Lou Rawls.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

WTF is Lou Rawls?
      Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
      The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
            I thought this was going to be about Lou Rawls.
            Given his charity work, yes, Rawls would apply also.
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I thought this would be a thread about William Katt. Guess he's still alive...
              "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
              "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
              "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Originally posted by Stuie
                I thought this would be a thread about William Katt. Guess he's still alive...
                I can't believe you didn't include a pic...

Comment

In my belief system there are seats in Heaven waiting for him and his crew

Comment

Originally posted by dejon
                    I can't believe you didn't include a pic...
                    Damn! A perfect Grampa Troll moment missed!
                    "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                    "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                    "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

quote:
                      Originally posted by VetLegion

Who are they? You can't expect me to keep up-to-date on every American 2nd-rate celebrity.

Comment

Comment

I thought this was going to be about Sharon.
                          -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

I read about this.

RIP
                            "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                            ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                            "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Originally posted by Stuie

Damn! A perfect Grampa Troll moment missed!
                              I want to publicly apologize, as seen below, havent been feeling like myself, been very sick and having hard time not puking my guts out

sorry for missed opportunities

Gramps
                              Attached Files
                              Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Working...
                              X