Sometimes people surprise me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sometimes people surprise me!

Last night around 2 in the morning, some guy crashed into my sisters car (2004 Toyota Prius) while it was parked on the street outside her apartment building in Chicago. She lives in a pretty decent area a few blocks from the lake shore.

I guess she didn't find out about it until around 11PM or noon today (this is central time US) when she went outside to get ready to drive back to our house for the weekend.

The car is really ****ed up I guess. I haven't yet seen it, but I'm going to go pick her up with my father, so I'll post pics later on. Luckily, this guy left a note.

However, the note just said that he hit the car and that he filed a police report... no name, no phone number, nothing.

My first thought was... ... yeah right, police report my ass...

But to my surprise, when my sister went to the police station, lo and behold, the guy did in fact file a police report!!!

Now I'm not sure if the accident was so bad that he couldn't get away, or if there were witnesses or if he is just an honest, honorable guy. But I am really surprised.

I would have thought for sure that this guy would have just hit the car and taken off... or left the note and not actually filed the report.

Or even if he left the note, just written down something like, "Sorry I hit your car, I'm writing this note because people saw me hit your car and if I don't leave a note, they will call the police... HAPPY NEW YEAR!!"

Anyways, I'll be sure and take some pics of the car and post them. From what my sister tells me, the car is ****ed up pretty bad.

I feel bad for her. She always seems to have this kind of crap happen to her.

But at least we bought her a cat condo for her kitties!

She'll be excited to see that. Our cats are enjoying right now. I sprayed some cat nip spray on it. Morris is going nuts on it at this very moment.

So anyways... to this guy who did the right thing and called the police after he hit my sister's car. Just when I think humanity just sucks and every is an *******, people surprise me.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

I think you should post some pics on the cats playing in their new fortress. Yesterday my fathers cat clawed my hand so it started to bleed but then tried to make amends by initiating a cuddling session.
    It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

Originally posted by Footie Mad
      I think you should post some pics on the cats playing in their new fortress.

yeah, when I get back from picking my sister up, I'll do that...

Right now Morris is asleep inside the "tube". He tired himself out attacking the toy mice I was tossing at him.

I would toss them on top of the fortress and he would knock them off at me.

That catnip spray is amazing. I just did like one spray on each level and the cats are going nuts!!!

But sorry, no pics until my sister gets back with her digital camera. I still can't find the software CD for my camera.
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

"honest/honourable" people do exist in the world, there are just not that many of us especially in cities it seems??

The other day(might have been xmas eve!) in a street near work some guy hit and run a pedestrian late at night
        'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Come on Sava, you're just surprised because you know very well how you would act in a similar situation.

I'm happy for your sister though.

Comment

Cats on Catnip:
            Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
            1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

okay back!

the car was not as bad as I thought... from what my sister told me, I thought the car was totaled... but it didn't look that bad. It was not driveable I don't think, but certainly not beyond repair. It's going to be costly though. Thankfully the guy was honest and didn't hit and run.

I got pics

got some stuff to do

great cat pics too

will post them soon
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by child of Thor
                "honest/honourable" people do exist in the world, there are just not that many of us especially in cities it seems??
                Last time my car got smacked while parked ($800 in damage), the other driver left a note.

Comment

all right...

as promised cat pics!

but first... my sister's car

here's a newer pic of Mykos and Morty, my sister's cats

here they are enjoying the warmth of the heater in my sister's apartment

and here is Morty looking down from his perch on top of the cabinets in the kitchen

Right now Morris (my cat) and Mykos are wrestling a little bit in my room. I'm trying to get a good pic of it. Hopefully I can and I'll post it. It's hilarious. They go nuts!!! It's like Wrestlemania with these cats. They just come in rolling around like mad... it's just a big ball of fur. Morris is the bigger cat and he usually pins Mykos. It's playing, but playing in a way where Morris is letting Mykos know that this is his territory.

Sorry, no pics of the cats in the fortress yet. They were playing on it earlier, but now the two older cats are sleeping and Morris and Mykos are hanging around me in my room.

oh, here's one more from this last summer... it's Mali and Mickey (left and right, respectively) sunbathing on the back patio... without a care in the world

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Meoowwwww - especially that "this is my basket - how dare you disturb me"
                    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

and the pic of your sister ... ?
                      In da butt.
                      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

you can sort of see her in the car
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

fine WHATEVET if you don't want to. I wouldn't post pics of my sister if I had one.

Now, pic of you coming from work out, sweaty and with bandana in head, and 80's walkmans, please.
                          In da butt.
                          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

do you want to see sava with a belly or athletic sava?
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I don't care, if it has walkmans, it's a GO!!

You know what you should do though.. you should make like a beerbong from canadian beer can, then smoke that, put moose .. then thing they have in their heads, put those on your head, paint canada flag in your stomach and then make blue steel to the camera.. and then you could put a text with it 'Canada is so NOT gay!'
                              In da butt.

Comment

Working...
                              X