X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something you don't see every day...

Or ever for that matter...
    Attached Files
    "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

What?
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

The UT - Texas A&M rivalry is a very old and bitter one. Texas- burnt orange. A&M - Maroon. Most a&m shirts with long horns on them have the horns broken off and have the slogan "Saw em off!" To see an aggie rooting for a "T-sip" is pretty unusual

oh, and their slogan is "Gig 'em aggies"
      "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Comment

Well, my life is complete now I know that. What was that again?
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

What does "Gig 'em aggies" actually mean then?

I know that Sloww is fairly well versed in Geordie, so I won't bother reciprocating with a lot of Toon gobbledegook.

Comment

gig 2 Pronunciation (gg)
            n.
            1. An arrangement of barbless hooks that is dragged through a school of fish to hook them in their bodies.
            2. A pronged spear for fishing or catching frogs.
            v. gigged, gig·ging, gigs
            v.tr.
            To fish for or catch with a gig.
            v.intr.
            To catch a fish or frog with a gig.
            FYI, frog gigging can be done with a shotgun too.
            I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

So the A of A&M is Agricultural?

Comment

Texas Agricultural and Mining University = Texas A&M Aggies
                University of Texas at Austin = Texas Longhorns

Old college football rivals. "One day only" refers to an Aggie rooting for the Longhorns to win the national championship, the game for which was played yesterday evening.
                Last edited by DanS; January 5, 2006, 15:20.
                I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

M = mechanical

Comment

Funny. The A&M web site says that the letters A and M no longer stand for specific words.

Comment

I was going to suggest something lewd for those particular letters, but I shall refrain, and leave the floor to one with an even filthier mind than mine.

Comment

Texas A&M, the state’s first public institution of higher education, was opened on Oct. 4, 1876 as the Agricultural and Mechanical College of Texas. The school owes its origin to the Morrill Act of 1862, which established the nation’s land-grant college system.

Comment

Working...
                        X