Technical question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Technical question

I have this problem where the monitor produces a barreled image. The corners are bent in. When you adjust the pincushion if the middle of the edges are aligned with the physical edge, the corners are bent in. If the tip of the corners are matched with the vertices of the physical screen, the middle is bent in. So I can't get it go go in a perfect rectangle. Is the monitor defective?

I need more information...

what kind of monitor, how old is it, have you tried reseting the settings, etc...

any other additional information you could think of would be helpful
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
      I need more information...

what kind of monitor, how old is it, have you tried reseting the settings, etc...

any other additional information you could think of would be helpful
      It's the samsung 793 MB. I got it for about 5 months now. When I pressed reset with their magictune program the resetted image is of baralled shape. No it seems that the shape of the virtual image can never be adjusted into a perfect rectangle although it says perfectly flat monitor.

When I ran CheckScreen the geometry of the squares on the corners are all bent inside while the middle of the edges are still straight. When the corners are adjusted to match the corners of the monitor the center of the edges are way bent in. So the pincushion can't fix the problem. When I ran the power test the boundries of the image DID change as the image was flashing. Is the monitor defective? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by d=me
        When I pressed reset with their magictune program the resetted image is of baralled shape. No it seems that the shape of the virtual image can never be adjusted into a perfect rectangle although it says perfectly flat monitor.
        is this program the OSD (on screen display) of the monitor? or is it a program within windows than you installed with a software CD or something?

did the monitor come with any kind of manual or anything? does it say anything about reseting the settings there?

How about if you unplug the monitor for a while? Will the settings reset then?

Also, visit the manufacturer's website. See if they have forums or something.

It's too early to tell if the monitor is defective.

My advice would be to mess around with it, and then send an email to their tech support. See what they say.

This is a CRT monitor I assume, correct?
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

is this program the OSD (on screen display) of the monitor? or is it a program within windows than you installed with a software CD or something?

did the monitor come with any kind of manual or anything? does it say anything about reseting the settings there?

How about if you unplug the monitor for a while? Will the settings reset then?

Also, visit the manufacturer's website. See if they have forums or something.

It's too early to tell if the monitor is defective.

My advice would be to mess around with it, and then send an email to their tech support. See what they say.

This is a CRT monitor I assume, correct?
          Yes CRT. The program had to be installed with a CD that came with the monitor. I pressed reset and the "default" image is baralled.

Comment

well, I've not had any experience with that brand... try googling it, searching the manufacturer's website for updated software or a forum, and then if all else fails, email their tech support...

you may end up having to send the monitor back to them via their RMA dept...
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Get someone else to look at the monitor, maybe its your vision that's messed up.
              Visit First Cultural Industries
              There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
              Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

There are these corner pin cushing buttons that streches the corners. But they say unavailable when I click on them.

Comment

Do you have some special option enabled that prevents you from adjusting them?
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Do you have some special option enabled that prevents you from adjusting them?
                    I really don't know. I have already looked around for a couple of hours to try to get the corner pin balance to work. The website said that the program supports my monitor. But somehow it doesn't work. I'm also suspecting that it's a configuration problem.

Comment

Computer Hardware Forum of India, support, games, hardware, software, internet, programming, web development, guides and reviews and games. India Community to get help and support.

Is this true?

Comment

Working...
                      X