High point of your year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Colon
    Well, last summer there was a major festival cancelled in Belgium the weekend before it was supposed to take place. Me and some other people happened to be another festival at that time and in some sort of drunken impuls we decided throwing a replacement party. Now, this isn't small fry to take care off, we had to find a venue to hold the party, contact artists (including a foreign act who happened to be in Belgium at the time), arrange a sound system, booze, publicity and a whole set of secondary issues. It basically had to be done in 3-4 days. So, we looked like mad for a venue (the rest was less of a problem). At day 3 we had already had gone through finding a venue and losing it, cooperating with another festival where could have our own stage and losing that too. At that point we were still at square zero. We were about to give up when we finally did manage to lock a venue. Then we still had to take care of publicity and find enough volunteers to help in the 2 days before the party was held. In the final hours we still had no clue if enough people would show up to cover the costs. To steal Ferris Bueler's line, I was so stressed out that if you stuck coal up my ass, you'd get a diamond.
    In the end about 300-400 people showed up, we netted €750 (most of the time you're lucky to break even) and the party went smoothly without disturbances.

That was a high point for me, trying to the point of despair getting a mid-sized event from the ground in several days' time and pulling it off.

The weeks and months before and after that: well, bleh.
    What, when and where did you organize??

I'm not sure if I can pick out a special moment really as I don't care about anything, but the past semester has been one of the best periods of my life... few classes, getting out and get wasted everyday, playing a lot of football again and basically not having to worry about ****: that's heaven for me
    but now onto those accursed exams again!!
    "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
    "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

It's been a good year for me. (except for the first 2 and 1/2 months). I won't get into it, because I know you guys are tired of me talking about my personal life. But I'll just say things are great.

And it just got better.

We get 1 more second in 2005!! What a great way to end a great year.

Comment

All in all this was a mediocre year for me. Relaunching my career in geology and getting a position with a great local company was likely the highlight. I do wish I had kept more of my New Year's resolutions from last year. I was supposed to learn guitar (bought it, practiced a little, but not nearly enough), get back in shape (lost weight, toned up, then stopped around May and slowly lost shape again), and meet the woman of my dreams (three relationships this year two of which were fairly serious none of which ended well).

I guess I'll just have to try harder this year.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I found a ten crowns coin on the floor at the supermarket and just before I had thought about wether I should treat myself to something small and tasty. That was nice.
          It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

So 10 kronor.. what does that get you... one small pack of Ettan?
            In da butt.
            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
            THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
            "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Beginning my BFA Acting classes and finally feeling like an actor and beating the snot out of her boyfriend
              Is he a hairdresser

Enjoy while it lasts, folks. You'll get old like me and the highlights wane as life becomes more mundane. But I do have a highlight worthy of posting I suppose - I played my best round of golf after ~35 years of ruining good walks.
              I shot -3 under par 67 with a darkness induced bogey on the last hole, so under normal circumstances I would have gotten the par for a 66, 4 under par.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                Some cheap imported chocolate, but it tasted good i'll have you know.
                It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                  Snus?
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

ja
                    In da butt.
                    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Highlights are hard to choose. Switched divisions at my job, had 3 jury trials in the past two months (2-1 as the defense), got a pay raise last thursday of nearly 10k. Still married, no kids yet (thankfully), cats are healthy. put on weight, but have a decent plan for the new year. All in all, a land mark year for myself.

Comment

Working...
                      X