No announcement yet.

High point of your year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Umm, well, I got my driver's licence, graduated my secondary education, worked in my first job ever, got admitted into university, and left the nest. The year felt like three years with so much stuff happening. Getting into uni was probably the high point.
    Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
      I am a Research Assistant going towards my PHD. My grades are suppose to stay above a 3.0. I had one more class to finish (Which I was taking), some more research to engage in (about 6 months) and then my dissertation write. In my final class, I was given a C, which because I haven't had good grades in the past (I have only had one A), puts me irrevertibly below a 3.0. Which means I won't be able to stay in graduate school.

I have asked if anything can be worked out. (I was doing decently all semester, then messed up in december)

JM
      (note my advisor might be upset by my poor performance and ask me to leave anyway, which would also result in leaving the program)
      Well don't give up. Strange things happen.

A year ago, I was incredibly depressed. I'm a journalist at heart, but I was working as an editor for a government agency. I hated the job and started to hate Hong Kong. So I decided to move back to Canada, but with very few job prospects.

About a month before I was going to leave, a friend, Paul, was complaining about another friend, Neil, who was unemployed. Paul had told Neil about some job openings, but Neil never applied. As soon as I found out about the jobs, I had my resume in two days later.

I moved my stuff into storage, went back to Canada. The day I arrived, I got an e-mail from the editor. About a month later, I'm back in Hong Kong working at one of the best newspapers in the world, a dream job.

Funny how things work out.
      Golfing since 67

Comment

Originally posted by Tingkai

A year ago, I was incredibly depressed. I'm a journalist at heart, but I was working as an editor for a government agency. I hated the job and started to hate Hong Kong. So I decided to move back to Canada, but with very few job prospects.

About a month before I was going to leave, a friend, Paul, was complaining about another friend, Neil, who was unemployed. Paul had told Neil about some job openings, but Neil never applied. As soon as I found out about the jobs, I had my resume in two days later.

I moved my stuff into storage, went back to Canada. The day I arrived, I got an e-mail from the editor. About a month later, I'm back in Hong Kong working at one of the best newspapers in the world, a dream job.

Indomitable Spirit

(luck to some degree )

Being in the right place at the right time..Pricele
        Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Originally posted by Tingkai

Cheers!

I don't really have a highlight. The year has been good, but no break out moment.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Took a risk to move to Singapore with nothing but my clothes on my back. While in Singapore, found a great job with good pay and have established citzenship here.

Actually, 2005, would also be one of my lifes highlights.
            be free

Comment

Zkribbler, well, you salute dashi for his accomplishments of the short story, then you turn weird when he praises me.

Perhaps that's why he got his work published and you still are just a wannabe..
              In da butt.
              "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
              THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
              "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

High point of my year is this December.

Jagjag has found someone.
                "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                  Zkribbler, well, you salute dashi for his accomplishments of the short story, then you turn weird when he praises me.
                  Dear Zkribbler:
                  While the publisher enjoyed your attempted at humor at the expense of Pekka, your current posting does not fit into our current publishing plans. However, because of the excellent wimsy and mirth in your posting, we have no doubt that your will be able to get it published elsewhere. Good luck.

sigh

Comment

That's right, because the publishers didn't most likely feel your true fan attitude towards me. I don't see you in my fan club membership, so don't blame the rest of us if you fail in your life.
                    In da butt.
                    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

How's the date progressing Pecker?
                      www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Well I haven't screwed up anything yet. Less than an hour and I have to be going.
                        In da butt.

Comment

my first uni exam: 28/30
                          I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

I gave a brief presentation to hundreds of IBMers, including an IBM Fellow, Distinguished Engineers, and some executives early this year.
                            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

This summer had a brilliant studentship working on a project looking for miRNA expression, had a great boyfriend, had money and everyday was something to be looked forward to no matter how hard it was.

Have since lost all that. Fortunately the alcohol is taking the edge off right now.
                              Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
                              -Richard Dawkins

Comment

I am still alive as of Christmas day, which might qualify as both the high and low point of my emotionally flat and pointless 2005.

Comment

Working...
                                X