High point of your year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaShi
    Either getting a short story published . . .
    As a frustrated wannabe, I salute you.

But neither of those can beat those moment spent with Pekka on these forums. I'll treasure them forever.

Being dismissed from the list of possible defendants in regards to the CRG matter.

---I mighta just had mine.
    Heading to my office at 4:45 on the Friday before Christmas and running into my boss's boss's boss, who congraduated me for being so dedicated He doesn't realize that I was coming back to use the company computer system to post on Poly. .

Comment

That whole getting married thing was pretty swell.

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler

As a frustrated wannabe, I salute you.
        Helps, if you know the people editing the magazine.
        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

It's been quite a good year for me:

- I was named one the biggest marketing talents of the country;
          - I graduated University; and
          - I landed a job at a large company.

Comment

Personally the 20 year celebration of marriage to my loving sweetheart and the birth of our second Grandson

Professionally best year this decade in regards to bottom line, due to a very concerted effort in dealing with bad paper

I would like to say Entertainment Wise Apolyton and the Civ related items as well as OT which often challenges me in dealing with a wide range of Trollism's and view points

I have found a darkside need for more Cowbell
            Attached Files
            Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Isn't that something one should be ashamed of?

#Maar liever dat nog
              Dan het bord voor z'n kop van de zakenman
              Want daar wordt ie alleen maar slechter van#
              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Zopperoni
                It's been quite a good year for me:

I have to say Marketing is a talent that often goes unnoticed and unappreciated.

I am an Area Manager and see where sometimes opportunities are missed or dismissed and it is a matter of timing and correct presentation that is the failure

Congrats

I mean if you walked into my office and marketed anything, your eyes well..would mesmerize me and I would buy it whatever you are selling

Solid Communication Skills!
                Attached Files

Comment

high point?

uhmmmm

yeah

not so much
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

KrazyHorse and I also met Sid Meier.

Comment

Sid Meier

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT
                        KrazyHorse and I also met Sid Meier.
                        I wish I could meet Sid...

so I could ask for my money back for Civ 3 (also play the world and conquests!)
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava

I wish I could meet Sid...
                          Werd ...Dawg!

so I could ask for my money back for Civ 3 (also play the world and conquests!)
                          He might say you lack the minimal advancement level of knowledge

Comment

Well, last summer there was a major festival cancelled in Belgium the weekend before it was supposed to take place. Me and some other people happened to be another festival at that time and in some sort of drunken impuls we decided throwing a replacement party. Now, this isn't small fry to take care off, we had to find a venue to hold the party, contact artists (including a foreign act who happened to be in Belgium at the time), arrange a sound system, booze, publicity and a whole set of secondary issues. It basically had to be done in 3-4 days. So, we looked like mad for a venue (the rest was less of a problem). At day 3 we had already had gone through finding a venue and losing it, cooperating with another festival where could have our own stage and losing that too. At that point we were still at square zero. We were about to give up when we finally did manage to lock a venue. Then we still had to take care of publicity and find enough volunteers to help in the 2 days before the party was held. In the final hours we still had no clue if enough people would show up to cover the costs. To steal Ferris Bueler's line, I was so stressed out that if you stuck coal up my ass, you'd get a diamond.
                            In the end about 300-400 people showed up, we netted €750 (most of the time you're lucky to break even) and the party went smoothly without disturbances.

That was a high point for me, trying to the point of despair getting a mid-sized event from the ground in several days' time and pulling it off.

The weeks and months before and after that: well, bleh.
                            Last edited by Colon™; December 23, 2005, 21:32.
                            DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

check that... I will not ask for my money back...

I WILL DEMAND IT BACK!!!
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Clear winner (for me anyway): The birth of my daughter on September 13 at 11:51 central.

Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                                1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Working...
                                X