I love Jewish choral music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love Jewish choral music

Yup, POTM is in our synagogue youth a capella group, and they gave an outdoor hanukkah concert in Old Town Alexandria. I always enjoy hearing them. Especially liked "Hear oh Israel/Shma Yisrael", "Hinei ba hashalom" and my personal favorite, "hodu ladonai kitov", setting by Charles Osborne. This last has a nice renaissance sound. I was wondering if the composer was influenced by Rossi - while im not sure he was, it seems from a web search that Osborne (whos a cantor in Boston) has performed Rossi.
    Last edited by lord of the mark; December 21, 2005, 15:58.
    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

IF I WAS A RICH MAN

YABA DABA DOOO

Comment

I like the Renaissance sound of the Osborne "Hodu" so much, Id like to find it - a free legal DL if there is any -or buy a CD with it - and put it in my EU2 music folder, where it would the atmosphere very well. I might do the same with Rossi - he was associated with the Gonzaga court of Mantua, apparently, and would also fit EU2 very well.
      "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Working...
      X