Cheap, tightwad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not cheap, I'm just not a consumer.

I'll spend money when it's neccisary, but I don't go looking to spend it.
    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil
      What's the point?

Any money left after you die is just wasted/lost.
      the point is I don't know when I'm going to die. Some emergencey may happen and I may need the money. I don't actually have any health insurance.

Comment

I mostly spend on houses, my car and beer.
        -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Dis

the point is I don't know when I'm going to die. Some emergencey may happen and I may need the money. I don't actually have any health insurance.
          I understand. That said, a perfect financial plan to me is one where you spend your last dollar the day you die.
          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

so how are you suppose to plan that?
            Monkey!!!

Comment

Very carefully.
              "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
              "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

I think of the money I am spending, but I spend it still. Not cheap enough.
                urgh.NSFW

Comment

Odd, the average voter should have voted average, instead Yes is the mode...

Comment

I am most definitely a tightwad I put pretty much all my money in the bank. Christams is terrible for me, as I largely exceed the 25€/week expanses I set for myself.
                    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Tough to pick one

I'm not a tightwad although I spend very little money most of the time. Then when I perceive a need for something, I spend in an explosive burst.

I needed clothes so I went to one store, buying a jacket and 6 shirts in just under 30 minutes

We had taklked about getting some stuff for "us" for Christmas so kaboom treadmill and a new tv..

I think I'm a binge spender
                      You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

the most I spend money on is a computer. Even then I go for the good deals. And never buy one off the shelves. Actually I did that for my first 2 computers. But that was before I knew about putting them together.

Comment

I'm a tightwad when it comes to myself, and a spendthrift when it comes to other people (or myself + other people, e.g family vacations). Don't know where that puts me in the poll.
                          "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Average spender, probably.
                            Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                            The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Originally posted by General Ludd
                              I'm not cheap, I'm just not a consumer.

I'll spend money when it's neccisary, but I don't go looking to spend it.
                              That pretty much sums it up for me. I do have some things that I'll buy on impulse like Cds and books, but I only go to the store a few times a year.
                              He's got the Midas touch.
                              But he touched it too much!
                              Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

I'll happily spend a lot of money on presents for friends, but I'd rather spend time and energy thinking of what they'd most like.

I bought an excellent hardback book on military history for my partner's elder brother in a charity shop for only £ 1.00, but he was delighted with it.

I frequently buy things for myself at charity shops and for other people too- I'd rather recycle, or reuse or reseearch than splash out on something easy to buy that wasn't really wanted.
                                Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Working...
                                X